Saturday, April 13, 2019

Flowerful Friendship Birthday Sketch Card

Hallo, everyone. Thanks for visiting me. Today I have a card to share that I made for my friend and neighbor whose birthday is today. Happy Birthday, Kelly!


 
I used the current Outlawz Wednesday Challenge sketch, but rotated it to the left. I followed it loosely.

I used more of the same Junkitz papers as on my last card. I only had 2 full 12x12 sheets plus some scraps of it to begin with, and could probably use it for 1-2 more cards in the future.

I already had the Bazzill card base ready, from cutting some 12x12 sheets in half. Note to file: need to do a lot more and have more colors ready to go. I used the Candy Red CC card stock as my first layer and die cut the aqua blue DCWV card stock with the paisley dies to stamp on (also on back).

My Junkitz scraps had part of a page of paisleys to cut out, so I fussy cut a couple and edged in black marker to stamp the Birthday Blessings on. I used a Spellbinders Romantic Rectangle to cut a scrap of the Junkitz for the layer under the focal image. Since my card was delivered in person, I made my card a bit lumpy with the flowers and brads.

SUPPLIES:
Bazzill Pearlescent card stock
Crafters Companion 6x6 Shimmering card stock
DCVW card stock
Junkitz Flowerful Collection patterned paper
Spellbinders Scalloped Paisley Nestie dies
Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles Two Nestie die
Stamps: Lost Coast Designs (Ballerina with Flowers), Hero Arts, Papertrey Ink, Clear Dollar, See D's
Versafine Clair ink
Stash Items: Bazzill Silk and Paper Flowers, Chatterbox brads, Enamel Dots

 
Here is the inside and the back of my card. A smaller Paisley die cut and flower with enamel dot is on the back.

I love how busy everything looks, yet because I use coordinated patterns it looks like it all belongs. This is really my favorite kind of card to make. I love to junk it all on, lol.

CHALLENGES:
1. Outlawz Wednesday Sketch 
2. Lost Coast Designs Challenge #73: Bloomin' Lovely Flowers - for double points my focal stamp is LCD Ballerina with Flowers
3. TTCRD Week of April 9th Challenge: Always AG
4. Jo's Scrap Shack #277: Always AG
5. Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #62: April AG
6. Moving Along With The Times Challenge #95: That Spring Feeling - I used flowers and butterfly  wings and bright colors to show a spring feeling
7. Ike'sWorld Challenge #119: D if for Die Cuts + AG
8. Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper April Challenge: Always AG with Patterned Paper
9. Crafting From The Heart #240: Always AG
10. LTCCB #33: April AG

Well, that will do it for me for this Saturday. I had to spend Monday night under observation in our local hospital for my gall bladder issues. It wasn't fun spending 9 hours in the ER before getting a room and the tests they did run before releasing me showed gall stones that were not inflamed, so I still do not know why my side is still swollen and tender, I made an appointment for next week to try and tackle it through outpatient to get a diagnosis and game plan. In the meantime, I am taking it easy and eating a restricted low/no-fat diet that is basically vegetarian with fish. Every day I get a teeny bit better, but I'm still quite exhausted and stripped of energy. At any rate, I am so happy that you dropped by to visit and I hope you liked my card today. xoxo

9 comments:

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card, thank you for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh, Aimes, I just love this card to death. Loving the whole thing--layout, colour scheme and cute image. This card rocks!

Meggymay said...

This is a beautiful card you have made for your friend. The image is adorable
and it is a lovely sentiment as well.
Yvonne xx

crafty said...

A very nice card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting From the Heart.
Mary

Alka acharya said...

Very Pretty Card. Love the layout.I love the stamp as well. Thank you for joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack.DT ALka

Cathy said...

Thanks for joining the Lost Coast challenge. I have that stamp and I like how you used it here in your birthday card.

ike said...

A lovely card and such a sweet image :-) Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges =^..^=
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Larelyn said...

Great interpretation of the sketch. Such a pretty card. Thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack.

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous explosion of shapes and colours that work perfectly together. Love that stamp. Feel better soon. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz