I made a 4x6" double-sided Spring decoration for my art corner to hang on my clip carousel or stands when it's time. I was inspired by the current sketch from Atlantic Hearts and their collaboration with the Double Trouble Challenge for Flowers, plus Sunday Postcard Art's Nursery Rhymes challenge. Like a Challenge Storm - haha. I FLIPPED THE SKETCH VERTICALLY. This is one side of my piece aka the front side.
I've had this collage sheet from Alpha Stamps forever (on left) called Quite Contrary #2, which is about the nursery rhyme Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary. I'VE WATERMARKED IT FOR THEM. The images all so pretty but all seemed way too big to actually use...until now. Keep something long enough, it becomes useful eventually! It's suddenly perfect for this, lol. I spent a little time googling to find what books these vintage prints had been in originally -- I did manage to find the illustration on the right was illustrated by Blanche Fisher Wright in 1916's The Real Mother Goose (which had a resurgence of popularity in 1980's. We bought it for our daughter.) Knowing Alpha Stamps, the rest of the images are all from vintage books as there was no shortage of nursery rhyme collections back in the early 20th century, but I didn't devote the hours necessary to hunting them all down.
I used my EVO clear acrylic templates to cut the image down to 3.5x5.5". I took a 4x6" piece of card stock and bordered it with some floral fabric tape from my stash. I edged the image with my Promarkers in two different colors and adhered it, then added some CosmoCricket Tiny Alpha stickers.
Here you can see the glitter on the hat bow. I used my Wink of Stella Clear glitter brush pen.
The back side of my piece is where I did most of the work. Again, I took this image and cut it down to 3.5x5.5", used some paper tape from my stash to border my base, then adhered my image after edging it with my markers.
I then took my Winks of Stella glitter pens in clear, yellow, berry red, white and purple, and proceeded to color on the image...her dress and scarf and hat in clear, yellow and white, the bricks with red and white, the ground with white, and the flower maids in yellow, berry red and purple. Here you can see the glittery sheen held to the light just right.
More pics trying to show the glittery sheen coming off of this piece....
Once the glitter dried, I took some green vine ribbon I had in my stash that I bought recently and glued it along each side. I added some paper flowers in coordinating colors and put a rhinestone in the center of each for more bling. I then added some more of the alpha stickers for my sentiment. At first this image was not my favorite, but after working it I have to say I quite like her attitude here. She does seem like a contrarian, but a really good and disciplined gardener. Love how she is sizing up her rows here with her pretty maids looking on.
I enjoyed creating my little diversion and I hope you enjoyed looking at it.
2. Double Trouble Challenge #21: Thing 1 Flowers, Thing 2 Double Dare using AH sketch 302, Thing 3 B for Bling (glitter)
5. Sparkles Monthly #112: New Year, New Stash (my vine ribbon and a few of my Winks of Stella are all newly purchased)
7. Art Journal Journey: The Colour YELLOW (while this is not a journal page per se, there is so much luscious yellow on the back side of my piece and I do keep this in a generously sized photo album until I take out to display, and that's a journal of sorts. The tape borders and vine ribbon overlap a bit enough to make this piece technically measure 4.2" x 6.2").
Well, that's it for me this time. Thank you for dropping by as always, and here's to a great rest of the week!
Until next time,