Thursday, January 24, 2019

Joyeux Noel

Happy Thursday! I'm sharing my 5th 2019 Christmas card made this month. I made my monthly quota, yes! And I'm going to try to make another one before the month ends.

 
This is also a half-sheet or 5.5x8.5-inch card. I know, big. But, I really enjoyed working on this size. I have envelopes so may make some more. I used Crazy 4 Challenges' current sketch and resized it in PSE. 

Supplies Used:
SU card stock 
Darice 5x7 Snowflakes embossing folder
Stamps: Stamplorations, Papertrey Ink, Pink Persimmon
Inks: Versamark, Delicata Silvery Shimmer, Brilliance Platinum, Versafine Clair Morning Mist
Ranger Silver detail embossing powder
Die: Spellbinders Floral Motifs Doillies
Misc: Corner rounder punch, Silver Stickles, Promarkers, Martha Stewart Micro Beads

I'd wanted to do a flower card for awhile. And I thought this sketch would look fine in this size. Some do not. I'm hopefully recovered from a gall bladder attack earlier in the week, so my mojo and muse returned. I wanted to get my 5 cards done for the month for my Christmas goal. There's actually 3 shades of pink here: the pink flower ink, the magenta card stock behind it and the base mat in as close to a burgundy as I had on hand.

Challenges Joined:
4. Stamplorations CAS Card Challenge January: AG + Opt. Color Twist BURGUNDY - I used Burgundy in coloring my poinsettia (used a burgundy Promarker) and also card stock.

5. Stamplorations Never-Ending Anything Goes Challenge - I have used Stamplorations stamps

7. Passion for Promarkers #477: Flowers - my poinsettia was colored with Promarkers
10. The Flower Challenge #28: Colour, Pink & Grey - I have used Pink & Grey


 
Here's the inside of my card and the back of it. I stamped the sentiment in grey and the floral corners once in Platinum Brilliance and then overstamped it in Morning Mist grey. I stickled the littlest snowflake dots in the embossing folder on my card front and back. I chose to leave the bigger snowflakes as is. I liked the subtle texture.

I stamped the poinsettia in Delecata Silver pigment ink and heat embossed it in silver ep. I prepared 3 images. I tried out my coloring and blending the burgundy with the rose pink promarkers on the first image, then fussy cut another out completely, then fussy cut the third one just that top layer. After layering them on the doillie die, I applied a layer of Stickles Silver to the flower center, then spooned on the micro beads, then encased them in a layer of Glossy Accents.

This is actually a very shiny, shimmery, glittery card that was quite hard to photograph. So I apologize for my poor attempts here. I also stamped the poinsettia on the front of the envelope. I think it makes a nice card. I like having the variety of sizes, so I'll probably make more, but it feels gigantic compared to an A2!

That does it for me tonight. Hope you have an awesome Friday. I'm going to meet my old high school girlfriends for our monthly lunch and TRY to eat something lower in fat. Wish me luck! Thanks for dropping by and Stay Artsy! xoxo

No comments: