Sunday, December 2, 2018

More Fun With "Vintage" Scrapbook Paper

Hiya, me again. Popping in for the second time today with another card made from the Project Imagination Chloe's Closet Reindeer Games paper collection circa last decade.

I took a piece of Basic Grey card stock scrap for my base mat and ran it through my Cuttlebug in the Lace Tree embossing folder. I then sanded it while still in the folder with my Tim sanding block tool. Once the tree was white, I inked the raised surface with my VersaMagic chalk inks in a beige bisque, a yellow green and a red. Two kinds of ribbon, paper ribbon flags and enamel dots called it done after distressing the base mat with my Heidi Swapp distress tool.

I love the way the embossed tree looks. And I'm so proud of the red bow I made. My arthritic fingers make it so hard to tie my shoelaces, much less a tiny bow. I used a sketch (linked below) for this card, one I thought would look horrible but now think it's pretty okay. I flipped the sketch 90 degrees to the left.

I got to add coordinating ornaments paper to the back. Haven't stamped the siggie yet on the back. Getting tired of doing that, frankly. I also left this card blank inside. For now, anyway. 

A close-up of the embossed tree dimension and color. Yummy!

I will enter my ornaments card in the following challenges:

Well, that's REALLY it for me today. I plan to sleep good tonite. Wishes for a great week ahead and thanks so much for visiting! xoxo

No comments: