Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Merry Christmas and Noel

Well it's finally the big day! I very much hope everyone's day goes well. Before starting mine, I thought I'd share my last Christmas card made for 2018. You'll see more, but they'll be for my 2019 stash. Thanks to the year-round challenge blogs, I'm considering setting a goal of at least 52 cards. This year I got 30 made, but then, I began in June. So, I'm cautiously optimistic.

  
  

I used the current Cheerful Sketches Challenge sketch (on the left) and turned it 90 degrees to the left (on the right). This was done to accommodate my focal point, an old Impression Obsession wood-mounted stamp of a Raggedy Ann doll. I stamped her with VersaFine Clair Twilight ink and clear heat-embossed. 


I used SU card stock in a very dark dull blue that matched my ink well and a light butter yellow that blended with the beige-y yellow in my patterned papers, which are a very old line called Trains, Planes and Automobiles by Imagination Project Gin-X. I have quite a few 12x12 sheets of the snowflakes sheet and scraps of other sheets. I have several sheets of the SU card stock in both colors used here, so I'm planning to just keep using this color scheme to use it all as it's rather dated and the colors almost impossible to match well. I aged the patterned paper pieces with Antique Linen and my distresser tool for a distressed look. I added a paper doily that I painted with a silver Wink of Stella glitter brush pen to match the silvery glitter ric rac ribbon. I finished off the card with a sneeze of turquoise and silver sequins.


Here is the back with my oft-used Avery Elle siggie stamp. When photographed on my cake plate, the color shows a tad differently and I think more realistically. But the yellow card stock is not that yellow. Vox nix I suppose. See the huge snowflake? I've several sheets of those to use up. Gotta love old-school 12x12 paper! lol 


Challenges I'm joining with this card:
(I used both glitter and a Christmas theme)
( I chose Y=Your Favorite Thing - on this card, it is heat embossing, distressing and using my old beloved stamps)
(Entry #2/2 for this challenge)
10. Fashionable Stamping #142: Winter
(Entry #3/3 for this challenge)
(Entry #5/5 for this challenge)
That's it for me. Have a happy Christmas Day and thank you for making me a part of it! xoxo


No comments: