Sunday, September 30, 2018

Fall Fantasy

Hello Friends! Hope you are having a good Sunday. I am taking a brief hiatus from making ScriptureDex Rolos, so I've none to share this week. I do have an art journal spread for you, though. 

I created this loose leaf as one solid piece, but I am going to cut it down the middle and adhere into my journal once I decide the paint color around the outside of the base page. One of my bucket list desires is to spend a fall road-tripping to all the festivals in Texas that interest me. My friend Yvonne is hosting the World of Fantasy theme at Art Journal Journey, so I wanted to participate. 

This is an old fridge calendar, 12"x15", that I've painted with acrylics using only a palette knife and a baby wipe. I gesso'd the page before painting.

Once dry, the page was cut down to the dimensions of the journal spread it is going into, in this case, 9x14.

Meanwhile, I did some alcohol inking on matte photo paper to die cut some leaves with. I used Lemonade, Peach Ballini, Sunset Orange, Red Pepper, Cool Peri, Eggplant, Teakwood, Lettuce and Botanical alcohol inks from Ranger. These colors are more commonly known as yellow, orange, red, purple, brown and green. I only used 2 sheets so I have 6 sheets left.

I like how the leaves turned out, lots of visual interest in them. This was a play activity for me and a chance to use up some stickers and use my dies and punches. I also got some experience trying to figure out which adhesive would work the best and I experimented with a few. In the end they all worked, some just faster than others, and that's what is worth learning, lol.

I'm not sure that I am happy with the solid leaves on the trees. I may punch more out of the alcohol ink cards and cover the solid leaves somewhat. And I'll probably put a border of washi or ribbon around the spread once it is in the journal. Otherwise I'm happy with it.

Here are a few more detail shots:


I'm sharing this art journal spread with the following challenges:

My blogging friend Yvonne of Meggy's Way Blog is the hostess this month, so I really wanted to participate and it's such a creative theme. Good job, Yvonne!




I used all 5 colors - red, yellow, orange, purple, brown.

There are all 3 at my Fantasy Fall Festivals! And I've included some on my spread.

I used Brown!

I painted many of the leaves with alcohol inks and I painted the entire background with acrylics in an abstract style.



Get messy with paint, ink, paper, whatever. I did all of it! haha

That's it for me today. I'll be back as soon as I finish the next make!
I hope you have a lovely week and thank you for visiting me and allowing me to share my art with you. xoxo

UPDATE: I've since made a few changes and gotten this adhered into my journal. Go HERE for the deets!

No comments: