Saturday, September 15, 2018

City Santa Girl

Hi again. It's my second post for today. If you are looking for The Merry Christmas Challenge post, go HERE. 

I created some 4x6 art (aka Artist Post Card) for Sunday Post Card Art's City Girl challenge. 

For my city girl, I chose Ashleigh, one of Crafter's Companion's Scruffy Little Cat chicas. I needed a hard-core shopper and I found three in my stamps. You'll meet Scruffy Cat Autumn and Deep Red Stamp's Wintertime Girl in the near future. 

I colored Ashleigh with my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers this go-around. And I found they don't tend to bleed as much as the Promarkers, or didn't for me on my 110# index smooth card stock. I fussy cut her after coloring her using my Martha Stewart detail scissors and my Fiskars finger knife.

I stamped the background with Technique Junkies' Watercolor N.Y. background stamp. I was going to color it but I like how it looks just stamped in black. I thought it lets Ashleigh stand out more and doesn't compete this way.

Later I will use this 4x6 as the focal image on a card, but for right now it can just be ART. 

That's all for me today. Thanks for visiting! xoxo

No comments: