Sunday, September 9, 2018

An Apple for your Birthday

Hello, hope your weekend is winding up well. I'm popping in to share with you a birthday card I made for a sweet girlfriend. I kept it flat enough for mailing. Since it's back-to-school season, I chose this Autumn apple basket imagery.

I was originally inspired by THIS CARD by Kristi Gray. Her blog is Stamping with Kristi. I "borrowed" heavily, so I want to give her credits. Not quite a CASE, but close.

I set out to gather materials from my own stash and had this rubber stamp from Deep Red Stamps but had never inked it up yet. I had a large piece of the apple paper and some Basic Grey card stock in my scraps. I used a Kraft card stock base.

 I die cut some apples with my ancient QuicKutz Squeeze 2x2 apple and some Spellbinders scalloped circles from scrap card stocks. I also die cut some branches and leaves from Tim's Funky Floral #3 and Fall Foliage Thinlits. And I cut some polka dot ribbon from my stash. 
I chose my colors from my wax colored pencils and my alcohol markers to color the leaves, the apples and the basket. I made use of a technique I learned once called Pencil Over Marker. If you have trouble with coverage using your wax pencils (I always manage to leave white spots no matter how careful or thorough I think I'm being), this is helpful because laying down some marker color first eliminates that. 

I used sentiment stamps from Sweet Stamp Shop and K&Co Brenda Walton. I used my scallop decorative scissors to cut borders on the patterned paper.

On the inside, I two of my colored apples to my computer-generated sentiment. 

And my 3rd apple on the back for my siggie stamp and a strip of patterned paper.

A close up of the colored basket and leaves peeking out. 

I am sharing this card in the following challenges:











Well that's it for me. Until next time, thanks so much for dropping by!





No comments: