Hi guys! The latest Christmas card I have to share is one for my record books.
Mention snow and I think Blue and White or Silver. I never thought I'd ever be making a Christmas snow card in the colors I did, but Black and White + one color was the challenge and so I thought, I will look through the collage sheet images I already have printed and if I see one I can use for this, then I am in! And I found this sweet Gecko Galz image!
On a 5.5" square card base, I framed the image with a Spellbinders scalloped rectangle and added some sheer white ribbon and papers from Lawn Fawn's Snow Day pack.
For the back of the card, I took some of the same white card stock as the card base and ran a 5" square of it through a Darice 5x7 Snowflakes embossing folder. Then I used my leftover paper scraps to die cut some elements for the little signature.
I finished the card off by stamping Let It Snow on the image with a Flourishes stamp in black Versafine ink. (LOVE that it looks just like it is part of the image.) I then embellished the snowy parts with some Star Dust Stickles glitter glue. I think it turned out super! But you could not have convinced me it would beforehand, lol, no sireeeee! That will teach me hopefully. ;-)
I am joining in the following challenges with this card:
1. 52 Christmas Card Throwdown August Color Challenge - Use Black & White + One Colour
2. Christmas Cards All Year Round August Challenge - Use war/hot colors (I used RED with black and white)
3. Addicted to Stamps and More Photo Inspiration Challenge #305 - (I used inspiration from the red berries and the white and black of the coconut)
4. Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #172 - Add a Ribbon &/or Bow (I added a sheer white ribbon down the center front)
5. The Merry Christmas Challenge 8/15 - 9/14 - Anything Christmas
6. Christmas at Sweet Stampin August Challenge - Anything Christmas
Well, I hope everyone got past Hump Day and here's to smooth sailing into TGIF and the weekend. Thursday, please be kind! Thanks for making my art a part of your day. xoxoxo