Sunday, May 6, 2018

A Friend From Back In The Day

Hello Friends and Happy Sunday. Hope your week goes good and thanks for stopping by.

I am sharing this Rolo today that I made for the Think Monday, Think ATC challenge theme "1900". It features the Bible verse from Proverbs 17:17 - "A friend loveth at all times." I decorated the front and back and combined them in this photo. This is a stamping-preferred challenge, and my Rolo uses several stamps.


On the front: Stamps used from Technique Junkies, Cornish Heritage Farms, Starving Artistamps and Impression Obsession. I used Distress Markers to color the focal image and sentiment, then I went back over the lines with my Platinum Carbon Epic Fountain Pen.

On the back: Stamps used from Leave Memories, Impression Obsession, Artistic Outpost and Fiskars. I added little collage elements from my bits and bobs left over from prior projects, and I used a shimmery gel pen to highlight the butterflies and the focal sentiment.

As usual with the TMTA challenge, I rack my brain to figure out how to mash up the theme with a Bible verse. For this 1900 theme, my mind went immediately to my CHF and AO stamps, as they are primarily vintage images. This CHF stamp, Pastoral Woman, was one I'd seen before in an old magazine, so I Googled and found the original illustration the stamp was made from:

And check it out: September of 1901! Pretty darn close, enough for government work and blog challenge themes for sure! I took some artistic license and did not use the same colors as I thought them a bit too drab for my tastes. The illustration artist was Guernsey Moore. 

My Rolo turned out pretty much as I'd envisioned, except for one near-fatal boo-boo (which is standard operating procedure for me - ha!). I colored in her eyes, then grabbed my white gel pen to add a dot to each. It wasn't until I'd made the first dot that I realized the ball point was way to big for the image and made her be looking to the side. Now, my first instinct is to get in there and try to fix it, but I've learned the hard way that I will most likely just make it worse, so I did the other eye the same way, said a little prayer that I didn't make her cross-eyed and accepted that my Pastoral Woman was just going to have to be looking askance. Sometimes you need to be happy with what you have to be happy with. ;-) 

Well, that's it for me this time. Thanks for visiting and comments are always appreciated!




No comments: