Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Valentine Day & Cards Share

I want to first wish you all a happy hearts day and thanks for visiting. The Hubster and I exchanged cards and candy Saturday night, so I will be in a near-sugar coma for most of the coming week. I received my usual request: large bag of peanut M&M's. But I gave something new this year: the biggest box I could find of Pangburn's Millionaires. Well, it did not disappoint! Here's the happy fella with his our (haha) goodies:

I spent some time Friday trying to update and clean up my blog sidebar and links page, but then when I tried to do a new post (as promised), every button and link for that was dead. I have no idea what happened. I just know that everything is back to normal now (I think). I am trying out a larger text, please let me know if it causes problems for anyone in reading it.

First, I want to share a card I made for my dad using the Cutie Pie stamp set from Artistic Outpost.  They have a monthly Show Us Your AO Art Challenge and I'm submitting this. Confession: I've long been a lover, fan and collector of AO. I believe at last count I own 52 sets of their stamps. And 3 single stamps. That's no typo, so yeah, I need to use them more instead of just collecting them (ya think?). I used paper scraps from my Valentines/Love stash box and I colored that cute majorette, puppy, chocolates and sentiment with alcohol markers, chalks, distress inks and though it's hard to see, some Wink of Stella pen. And I thoroughly enjoyed myself!
Vintage images like these are much-loved by my dad. He also loves my card poems, so once again I happily obliged with one created in PSE. I even came up with a couple more diddies for future cards - there is also a football player and beauty queen in the stamp set.
I used this old Split Coast Stamper sketch for my design.

In my last post I talked about using the extra kiddie valentines I'd saved, so I went back and looked for other cards I'd used them on during the time I took a blog break. I found a few that haven't been shared until now:
One I made last year for my mother-in-law...

I made this one last year for my dad...
I made this for my brother in 2013...
Well that seems like quite enough for one post, right? Since things seem to be working fine now, I will try to come back this evening and share some more Valentine cards in honor of the big day! Enjoy your Sunday and thanks again for stopping by! xoxo

No comments: