Monday, January 18, 2016

Cheeky Challenge

Well, hello there! LOL, almost 4 years later I'm posting to my blog again. I've been wanting to for the longest, but it is apparently ridiculously hard once out of the habit. So, I should thank this challenge for providing the motivation that worked! Thanks!

I made this for Dezinaworld's Cheeky Challenge, Week 1, "Rags, poverty or homeless" subject. Now, June sells digital images, so I don't even know if anyone enters with non-digital art. I may be the first! But that's how I roll, and I did use an image from one of her collage sheets that I printed. (That makes it hybrid, right? hahaha) The sheet is called Storybook Faux Stamps, and what interested me to do it was that I wanted to see if I could place a printed image in the middle of a larger artwork...well, seamlessly. And I think that I accomplished that AND had a ton of fun in the process.

I cut the image in PSE out of the collage sheet and pasted it into a letter size new document, then centered it and printed on cardstock. I then went to work extending the scene, drawing out the fireplace, and then using my background stamps to create the brick wall, bookshelves and books, and the wooden plank floor.  I got out my markers and pens and colored away. After I finished, I realized I'd just created my own coloring book page and colored it! Haha

I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, for sure, but thoughts are forming of a fairy tales altered book. There are images from other stories on the collage sheet, plus I have others already in my files. Hmm......

Now that I've taken the plunge back into the blogging waters, I hope I'll be able to dash off future entries a little more frequently. I'm going to try. If there is still anyone subscribed to get this blog, I hope you are enjoying 2016 so far and making progress on your wishes your heart makes! xoxo

3 comments:

micisip.blogspot.com said...

Love it Amy! Thanks for the great lesson in PS. I need all the help I can get. So glad you are blogging again!

Lori said...

Wow - that's really cool how you extended the scene! Awesome!

Electra said...

This is absolutely perfect!