Monday, January 25, 2016

Another Week, Another Cheeky Challenge



 
This week's Cheeky Challenge theme was Wildflowers. I took some liberties with this. You may know my weakness for puns and plays on words. I was dying to use this gorgeous freebie image of Mae West from Dezinaworld15. One silly brain fart led to another, and soon I was thinking, hey, it's a Maeflower and she's plenty wild! Ha! So, hopefully I won't be disqualified. Just to be technical, the DCWV La Crème flocked cardstock she is layered on top off has some black wildflowers, and the flocked cardstock on the back of the card has them as well. I was tres pleased with how this card came out. And isn't Mae fabulous??? LOVE this image.
 
The rest of the deets: front sentiment is a really old Leave Memories stamp from the Divas set, image and papers already mention, inside sentiments from Art Impressions and Hero Arts, and the sentiment on the back is from Wild Rose Studio. (Whew! Don't know how often I can provide this, as I do not submit for publication or design team, and really have no need to keep this kind of info. I have enough trouble just using the stamps, lol.)
 
Until next time, which hopefully will be more often than once a week...
 

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I love seeing the way your brain makes that leap!

Anonymous said...

...hallo, hallo, I came looking!
Herzlich Pippa

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card, glad you are enjoying the challenge. Thanks for your visit on my blog. Hugs, Valerie

Sandra Wright. said...

Love your take on the theme...fab card too.
Many thanks for your comment on my blog re the bluebells....
I am only a learner where digi creations are concern,just trying my hand.
I love Bluebells...I never knew bluebell ice cream existed, I'm wondering now how it tastes,lol.
Yes the smell of the bluebells is wonderful...for me the smell is very much like the Hyacinth flower.

junemac2 said...

Aww bless you Amy, well you can take libeties all day for me :) LOVE this card its gorgeous, Love Maeflower lol. Fabulous and thanks for joining in x

genie said...

I think you took the theme and use your creativity to make such a pretty piece. Love the red. You asked about my post about my Weezie and Eloise. Yes, Weezie is my 43 year old son’s Godmother, and he loved her so he and his wife named their only child after her. Weezie and I have been so close over a half century. She has been a true friend showing me continuing, unconditional love. It breaks my heart she is where she is. It is so sad. Fortunately her two sons live very close by and one goes EVERY DAY to see her and sometimes twice. I now live 6 hours away, and my back situation will not allow me to drive to Asheville to visit her. A while back my husband took off and drove me down for three days. It was such a wonderful trip tho it broke my heart to see her in her present condition. I will be posting again to my blog about her. I think of her off and on every day so it is only natural to work her into my artwork...if you can call it artwork. LOL genie

abby j said...

Interesting take on the theme, Aimslee...so YOU!! Good to catch up with you again...
xoxoxo

Lori Saul said...

A lovely and creative card!

Electra said...

This is wonderful!!

Michele said...

oh this is brilliant, so much fun and so much pizzazz! thanks for swinging by my blog and commenting. I love the cheeky challenges and all the challenge entries! xo

Cara said...

HAH! Made it over here Aimeslee! Been meaning to drop by for a visit for some time, but sadly my ADHD kicks in when something shiny pops up on my screen and I am off chasing squirrels!
I love your comments on my blog. Always bring a smile to my face! Great card and I have to admit I am somewhat jealous as I would never have made that same leap from flowers to Mae West to "Mae Flower" So well done You!
Thanks for the giggles
(Hugs) Cara