Thursday, November 3, 2011

November's Here

  

My latest greeting card, for my youngest nephew, who is turning 7. I put the poop reference in the inside sentiment in hopes he gets the giggles. That's a neat present for your birthday, right? Goes great with the money I sent with the card. This is possibly the last time I'll get to make any of my nieces or nephews a so-called baby card, so I went all out. I used Card Patterns sketch 139. SU cardstock, Graphic45 patterned paper, Quickutz Khaki fonts, and Kaisercraft circus animals and banner stamps.




This card was made for an online friend and I used Clean and Simple sketch 164 (CAS FTL164). I stamped on deli paper using Cornish Heritage Farms Royal Birthday stamp set. Here are two views of it, one photographed (left) and one scanned (right). Which one do you think looks the best? I frankly cannot tell. Each image brings out good things and bad in the card. For instance, the scan shows a bumpy ribbon (bad) but better truer colors. The image on the left looks washed-out but the ribbon looks good. Oh well, when in doubt, show both! hehehe  (For a bigger photo, just click on images.)

Speaking of Cornish Heritage Farms (CHF), they are re-opening under new ownership on November 19th!!! I am soooooo happy to hear that and will be buying some new rubba real soon!

1 comment:

whoistracy said...

What great cards! Love the bright colors on the first one. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!