Sunday, October 2, 2011

Me again...

Meh.
I'm caught up in the question of
How the heck did it get to be October 1,
Already?

Our weather's been changing and The Arthurs blew in for a visit, so I've been dealing with that by trying to be as La-Di-Da as possible, no stress, no mess. It works, sometimes.

ATC made for my Altered Designs yahoo group "cowboys" weekly theme...
Another of our weekly themes was a triptych, and an idea came over me...and I got a little carried away, but this was pretty close to my vision:
Inside of my "Fairy Tales 411" triptych...
I finally got to use the king, lovers and queen stamps from ScrollsWork and they're tall so my folded triptych is 2.5" wide but it's 4.5" tall, a full inch taller than a normal ATC. Oh, well, artistic license!

Outside of my triptych. Title lettering is Quickutz Eliza font, and all the doodads are either Quickutz or Spellbinders.
I want to be sure to thank and credit Ink Stains with Roni for the atc template. I took it and made it into a one-piece triplet in PSE, printed it, cut it out and used it as my base to layer paper onto. They are free, so look on her left sidebar a ways down for Gothic Templates.
And finally, a card for National Card Day this weekend. I need to get off the girl cards and do some boy cards next!
More glittery ribbon! I used a Stampers Corner sketch and some old stamps I received in a RAK...
Just another card made with scraps, scraps and more scraps! I made the boxes by stamping on plain and  patterned vellum scraps, cutting out and piecing together. Then I adhered to white cardstock and cut out.

6 comments:

teri said...

Cowboys are my FAVORITE topic! (Not enough of them around, in my opinion.) Love this image and what you did with the little man.

You're so right about the fairy tales -- what a great idea!

Barb said...

Love your ROYAL triptych...and isn't life just another version of a fairytale?...vbg

Aimeslee Winans said...

Thanks, Teri! I agree. Cowboys are so fun to make art with. Glad you liked him and the triptych. xoxo

Aimeslee Winans said...

Thanks, Barb, I could not agree more! xoxo

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

do you feel like exchanging atc's with me?
let me know it can be fun ;-)

Aimeslee Winans said...

Carmen, I would love to! Emailing you now...