Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Art For You

I needed a note card to put a triptych in to mail, and you know I have to try to use my black hole of supplies whenever wherever. The key to lining up the letter squares is to adhere to a layer that will not show...a layer that is the same length and width as the total of the squares. Trim that layer so that it doesn't show when finished, then adhere to your project.

I made this for a yahoo group school-themed mingle last month and forgot to upload! Stamps are Create with TLC, Starving Artistamps, and Technique Tuesday (boy, wood background and word circle). Color, cut, and layer with supply scraps on hand.

The leaves stamp (cannot remember who made it) was colored using the Magic Pencil technique that a friend in one of my groups suggested and I googled. The phrase and the border are paper scrap collage. Made for an autumn leaves themed mingle.

Mingle theme: pumpkins. I took a pumpkin diecut and enhanced it with pencils. Added a Lawn Fawn hat stamp. Rooster is a stamp from Artistic Outpost, as well as the farm equipment he is perched upon. The rest is me drawing and painting with watercolors and pencils.

No comments: