Friday, September 9, 2011

Too Fast Friday

Is it Friday already? Whoa, this week's gone by like a flash! Must be because I made a lot of art all week, winkwink. So, I had better share some of it, huh? Okay...
First is a very simple digital hybrid page (for my Little Gluebook of Wisdom when I print and tip it into my journal). I created it for the Vintage School Memories art challenge over at Paper Traders blog that ends Sept. 14th. I used background papers and the focal image from Create with TLC. Is that not the sweetest vintage image? I loooovvvve it. I printed it out in black and white on my laser, then colored with Copics. I scanned it back in after coloring and added it as a layer to the papered background in PSE. I found the quote online. I added the black strip border to mimic the look of a composition notebook, with a brush preset. If I knew yet how to round corners, I'd have rounded the righthand ones. But I don't. Anyway, it was blatantly simple to do, I'm a bit embarrassed to say it was digital with all the complicated things folks do...digi-do...but hey, that is what it is, technically.

Next is a birthday card that I made for our oldest niece, who turns 29 (for the first time). Every single thing used is scraps stash. I think I finally used up all of this old paper collection from Urban Lily. Adding it to the back of my cards as well as the front definitely is helping deplete my stash. Slow and steady wins the race...

My final share today is a 4x4 piece for my Altered Designs yahoo group. The theme of the challenge was dancing. I believe the background stamp I used is from Impression Obsession. The floor is a stamp by ScrollWorks. And the dancing couple is a digital stamp from Create with TLC. The alpha stickers are ancient Nostalgiques. I went outside my comfort zone and glittered the edge of the perimeter, but as usual glitter and I have issues, so I tried salvaging it by coating that with some coffee ice stickles and it worked pretty well to seal down and coat the glitter that had cooperated stuck. At any rate, it ended up looking not half bad, pretty decent. So, if you are glitter-challenged like moi, try coating it with some stickles (or any glitter glue or plain glue or sealer). Let the original glue-down dry first so that it won't be mushy and sticky. And, worst-case, never forget our motto: All that glitters is not worth a crap! hehehe winkwink