Saturday, January 1, 2011


Happy New Year! Here's wishing all of us a magnificent 2011.


While me and mine escaped financial hardship or career setbacks in 2010, it was still not my favorite year by far. I've a great feeling about 2011, though. I have not felt this optimistic about a new year in quite a while.


I spent New Years Eve at home in comfy pj's and my fur-lined crocs, with my friends from Fox. Getting to see Rick Springfield perform Jessie's Girl in Times Square was sweet. The Hubster was on day shift, so we celebrated on Thursday night by eating an early dinner at Red Lobster with Missy and my Dad. Missy's had all week off as is her firm's tradition. And my Dad isn't finished moving into his townhouse yet, but he's here and working on it.


I didn't always look at it this way, but lately I'm comforted by my little family being just a bit askew and not quite the norm. I like being able to adapt and adjust to have the usual fun anyway. It might be too boring any other way.


I'll be trying to get back into the blogging habit, so please bare with me. I know you will. I had me a lengthy vacay from it and now I'm more than a bit out of habit. So I'm thinking I will try to post something every day and we shall see.


I did choose my One Little Word for 2011. Funny thing is, I arrived at the word PLAY through a freewriting exercise to pinpoint the best descriptive word that represents my goals for the year. Then, once I chose it, I realized that the name of my studio is the Paper Paisleys PLAYroom. I ask you, how perfect is that? The word must be PLAY, then. It's Karma, bebe.


Enough for today. In the meantime, I'm liking: