Sunday, October 24, 2010

Comments and cards

Before I begin my sharing of the rest of my Technique Junkie designer cards, I'd like to mention that I believe I've managed to turn off comments to both of my blogs. I get more and more spam comments and it becomes harder and harder to remove them and report them. I love love love hearing from you so please shoot me an email to aimeslee at earthlink dot com instead. Thanks!

Well, here are the rest of the cards I made. The backgrounds of the cards above and below both were made using a Technique Junkies background technique known as Triple Masked Glimmer Mists and stencil masks. Stamps are by Firecracker Designs by Pamela and I Brake for Stamps.

The Howdy card also has the Paper Piecing with Stamps technique on his hat. I used digital stamps by Firecracker Designs by Pamela. This was my first playtime with Glimmer Mists and I have to say it was fun. They are lighter and more shimmery than the only other ink sprays I've used (Ranger). Ranger's are more like a splotchy stain in comparison. I'm not judging here. I very much like Ranger sprays. They are just different from Glimmer Mists.

Here is a card I did using the Smooched Metal technique on the hat and the Celebrate sign. I used nail polish as a primer and then the Smooch ink. The dog is a stamp by Sweet n Sassy stamps, and the Purple Onion big label was stamped on three different Basic Grey Cupcake papers and cut out.