Friday, March 19, 2010

Color fetish

Yes, I must confess...I think I have a color fetish. And, I have no plans to lose it.

I could probably color as a full-time job as long as my fingers, thumbs and hands would cooperate. It would certainly qualify as one of my dream jobs. I've always loved to do it and probably always will. I think being able to color digital stamps is why I'm developing a fondness for them. And Designed2Delight digital stamps are definitely delighting me.

Here's a birthday card I made using the latest D2D challenge stamp called "In Bloom". It's perfect for any Spring event. After the winter most of us have had, those blooms are a welcome sight especially for those still dealing with snow.

This time I added the birthday sentiment in my editing software before printing the image. Then, I used two coloring techniques that I learned from my Technique Junkies membership: Pencils Over Markers and Wisped Frames. Wish I could explain more, provide more details as to the processes, but the techniques are proprietory.

This is my 4th card to use a TJ technique, but I'm just now getting
comfortable enough to mention it. I know, how silly of me, but it was all a bit overwhelming at first learning my way around. Now, though, I'm like a fire's been lit underneath me. There are sooooo many coool technique tutorials and I want to do them all now.

In addition to the TJ techniques on this card, I also used the sketch from the Sweet Stop Saturdays for this week:
As you can see, didn't follow it to the letter, but I was definitely inspired by it.

The papers are DCWV slabbers, and the image was colored with Prismacolor pencils and Copic markers (the Pencils Over Markers technique). The edge of the image was sponged with Ancient Page Sandalwood dye ink (the Wisped Frames technique) while it was still sitting in the Spellbinders Nestie dye. I also got some good instruction over at Stamp TV ning where Gina K. has some excellent video tutes, one of which is called Nestabilities Highlighting. In that one, Gina K. shows how to ink the edges and leave that cool outer (white) rim.

I've ordered some Opal-colored iridescent Easter grass / shredded gift bag fill and am looking forward to it arriving. Yep, it's for a card technique -- seriously. It's called "Oh-So-Fru-Fru". A few other strange supplies on my list are spray starch, Future Floor Wax and L.A. Colors nail polish. So, stay tuned. You never know what weird stuff makes up a great art technique!

5 comments:

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card & I love the background :) You used the same sketch as me (great minds lol)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card! Thank you for playing along with The Sweet Stop! I hope you will join us again!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

I am so happy that you were inkspired enuf to share with all of us! This really turned out very pretty, luv the wisped frames and I can see the pecil over marker just fine! Over the years I have had more fun and learned so much from the TJ's...so glad you are here! Spring hugz

Margaret said...

Very pretty card. I love your coloring and the basket weave background.

Anonymous said...

i easily love all your writing way, very helpful,
don't give up and also keep creating as it just very well worth to look through it.
looking forward to read alot more of your content, goodbye!