Monday, September 28, 2009

Gossip Girl's lament...


I had such fun creating this page in my Little Gluebook of Wisdom journal, and I do think it is one of my best collages yet.

The background ala Kelly Kilmer class came out with a luminosity that I love. I had collaged paper squares underneath the paint again. The first layer of paper over the paint is tissue paper that I stamped on. And then I stamped on the paint with multiple generations of ink coverage, otherwise known as stamping off. I chose to print a quote by Ben Franklin and then I couldn't resist a comment at the bottom, reflecting that the ballerina stood between the Nutcrackers, which are basically two pieces of dead wood. (Just in case you don't get the humor of my comment in relation to the quote, there are 3 of them there and two are *dead*). All of the images are from a collage sheet from Nancy Baumiller's  Collage Play with Crowabout challenge. The dotted paper is from some DCWV paper slab...a Fall slab, I think. I cut little lines of it for the borders.

Correction to 9/25's post: On my journal page Beauty, I neglected to credit Nancy in the use of her duckling-woman, bottom border, girl in the heart and the eggs from her Week 47 collage sheet. My apologies.

1 comment:

artbeckons said...

This is terrific - great work, Aimes!