Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wake me when it's over...

So, I've got this really cool Mead Day Runner student planner that Missy discarded one year after using it for about 3 months. It has a thick cardboard back cover and a thinner front cover. But on top of that is one of those clear binder pencil pockets with the zipper closure. On that is a little clear poly pocket, like the baseball card protectors we use to put ATC's in 3-ring binders.
Here, just have a look:
What I love about it is that it came with a bout a dozen of these little tee shirts that have smart-ass sayings on them. And for some reason, "Wake me when it's over" speaks to me as a great title for an eclectic art journal like I have re-purposed this planner to be.
Here is a recent page from inside this art journal, heretofore known as the Wake Me journal. Painted background inspired by a Kelly Kilmer prompt in my January lessons I finally finished (by doing pages like this). I cut the cat out of a mail order catalog. The flower's from some packaging. The rub-ons are from my @#$%@#^#%& stash that I'm getting really tired of having.
I should really quit even using magazine images and just stick to using my stash, no matter what. I cannot seem to shake my little mental wise-guy who whispers, that's not gonna work. Instead, maybe if I imagined myself on a deserted island with nothing but my stash...
Sigh, just one more illustration of the Dark Side of being a Packrat. Not glamorous!
Until next time,

3 comments:

Linda said...

I'm laughing about using your stash. I say that crap all the time. I'm not sure if I am making a dent in it or not. :) I do like that cat image even if it isn't from your stash.

jillconyers said...

great repurposing and a way cool page. who isn't making the "use my stash" claim LOL

Ryzmomplus2 said...

I love what you're doing with your stash! That repurposing is very common now! How did I come up with this huge supply that I need to start using up? Regardless, this is the place to come for inspiration!