Thursday, April 2, 2009

jinx...

I knew I shouldn't brag about posting every day. I jinxed it. I missed posting yesterday. I had a really stressful day caused by nothing other than trying to get a few things done and incorporated some extra surprise stuff. No biggie just months ago. Ah, well. It's a biggie now. :-(


I think I'll just keep it brief today and show the art. This is spread in my Little Gluebook of Wisdom. Everything collaged is either scraps, junk mail or magazine cut-outs. The people reading came from a book club flyer. The puzzle pieces are left over from an old project. The tulips are cut from a card I received and thought were pretty. The earth quote is a stamped image I was gonna use and didn't.

Little discards of life pieced together to make pretty pictures with quotes. Very relaxing time spent making it. And my usual literal controlled way of determining what gets collaged relaxed a bit too. One of these days I might even get relaxed enough to put a bunch of totally unrelated stuff all on one page and not worry if it makes no sense. Not yet, but one day, maybe. ;-)))

Until next time,

8 comments:

Laura Kay said...

I really like that. Is this done in a composition book? Do u just glue several pages together?

CC in WI said...

I like this spread! Nice combination of elements. Needs a Zentangle thought. LOL! Thanks for sending me a comment too. I also try to post something every day but not sure how long I will be able too.
CC
http://catherinemariecalvetti.com

csimmers said...

I love this piece of artwork. Lovet he collage work, using the puzzle pieces.

Tatiana Kuzyk said...

On the first take your artwork entices with simplicity and then... you're drawn into it. Pieces of puzzle 'dialoguing' with the 'Life is my collage' quote - all bouncing of the deep and changing red hues of the background. I could stare at it on, and on, and on...
I really love it!

Citygirl.em said...

Aimslee, I wish you lived next door to me, I'd come over and art journal with you...I love your pages! I need to get back into doing these. They are great 'creative exercise' to help with other creative ventures. I seriously need to start up again. You've inspired me!

Great job. Hey, I hope you feel better. I'm sorry you have such pain. Em

Rozette said...

Your work always looks great. I love the image of the people reading.

Lynn said...

Your pages are gorgeous, I love how the puzzle pieces just look so good on there, I would never have thought to do that :)

Stacy said...

Thank you for inviting me to view your blog. I have a great time exploring all your wonderful art.
I will be back soon.

www.icanonlyimagine.typepad.com