Friday, April 3, 2009

art share blog candycalendars!


First, here's my April collaged calendar spread. I kind of abandoned the vintage theme, because of the huge amount of die cuts I had for Easter and Spring. I just loaded 'em on here, because that's what this calendar is for: a supplies dump. So, this is not my favorite page by far, but I did like how I colored it, winkwink. Now, onto the good stuff:

************************************
ART SHARE BLOG CANDY!
**UPDATE: Sign-Ups Closed**
************************************
I found this idea today on my fellow altered book group member Nola's blog . When it comes to my art, I've been exploring just going with my gut, and my gut told me to join in. I successfully did something like this on my own last year, so getting others to commit was my attraction this year.

Let's see if anyone else is like-minded. I would love to have you join me. It could be like a chain mail of art and pay-it-forward, all in one! And, it doesn't have to be any big thing that's involved, weighs or costs a lot or is hard to mail. Just a little sump-sump that shows we care enough to share!

Here's how it works:

The first 5 people to respond to this post will get something handmade by me! I will choose, but it will be made with you in mind. Could be any kind or size of card, bookmark, an altered object, but it will be something that can fit in an envelope or padded envelope for receipients in the USA, and in an envelope for those of you in foreign countries. Like I said, just a little sump-sump! :-))

This offer does have some restrictions and limitations:

1. I make no guarantees that you will like what I make, but I will try hard for that goal and I'll do my best work, too.

2. What I create will be made with you in mind so it will be unique.

3. It'll be done sometime this year (You old-timers know an entire year just might not be long enough, haha, but I am committing to it!).

4. I will not tell you what it's going to be. It will hopefully be a surprise.

5. The catch? Oh, the catch is that you must offer this blog candy on your blog! This is how we expand the love.

Re-post this on your blog, offer handmade creations to the first 5 people who do the same on your blog (then come here and post).

Add my name to the #1 slot on your card- I am your first participant. When you create your give away, you will become the first participant on the new list for the people who participate with you. The first 5 people to do so and leave a comment here telling me they did (I will go to your blog to check that you have this posted) win a handmade gift by me.

Oh, and be sure to post a picture of what you win when you get it!

SO ...... who will be the first 5 folks????

1. Nola
2. Lida
3. Rose
4. Paula
5. Ann

Leave a comment on this post so I can add your name. First come, first serve. Hope to hear from YOU soon!

Until next time,

9 comments:

Lida said...

Am I the first one? What an honor!!! Love your collage calendar it looks so eastery....is so pretty, I promise to follow up on the challenge it looks super cool!

Rose said...

I would love to take part as well!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to play!

Melisa said...

Love your calendar and your gluebook. Was your calendar a blank? I'd love to know where you found such a big one. I'm doing one, but it is too small to be very useful.

mel said...

Oh, Oh! (hand waving madly in air) Pick me, pick me!! *grin* I joined along with Rose and she sent me back here as I was bemoaning the fact that no-one wanted to play with ME...:) So here's the link to my original BlogCandy post...
http://creativeclutter-mel.blogspot.com/2009/04/blog-candy.html

*sigh* where are people's adventurous spirits? :)

mel said...

OOPS! Got it! Sorry...:)

Ann said...

I am not an artist like you ladies, but,you know what..I've never done anything like this and I would love to participate! It's a great idea!! Let me know!

Ann said...

you are posted on my blog!!!!!!!!!!!!! Added your link to it also

Lida said...

All posted in my blog, now I´ll wait and see what happens!