Wednesday, April 8, 2009

April Showers...


~~Click on each one to make larger.~~

I've a couple of rain-themed atc's to show today. I made them for a swap called April Showers. The one on the left, Slippery When Wet, has a painted background made with my wonderful Lumiere acrylic paints. I began by stencil-brushing blue on, then green. Then I made a glaze with the blue and brushed it on all over. Very simple.

The other atc, Splash, has a background began with leftover blue paint spounced on (with a sponge foam pouncer) sparingly, then colored in with a makeup sponge and various pastel stazon inks.

Old calendar die cuts, white rub-ons, and some stickles are the other elements used. I plan to do these simple backgrounds again real soon. They are fun and give immediate satisfaction.

Finally, I'm so happy to announce that I now have 5 participants in my Art Share Blog Candy. Thanks again to those who have joined.

until next time,

1 comment:

jillconyers said...

Great ATCs! I love your background techniques.