Saturday, February 14, 2009

happy love day!



Here's a drawing in my sketch journal to commemorate the day.



And, if you look at the paper towel, you will see my inspiration / model. Amazing what cute art is on Sparkle paper towels these days, huh?



Next up are two cards I made with my Victorian scrap and my Pacon round paper doilies, plus some scrap booking tags. The first one is for Missy and her roomie,



and the other one is for my parents, who I hope receive it in time (their mail is so slow).

I very much like to play with the vintage-y style. I'm secretly afraid to load it up too thick, though, because I cannot control it. Some can do it just right, with a perfect touch, but not moi. I try to leave mine a bit plain as in my mind that looks better than too much, one step over the line. Just know, in my heart I want to collage it all on until it hurts!

I have one more project, a heart card pouch, but it is not finished yet. I'm headed right right now on a middle of the night trip to Kroger because the Hubster has to work a half day and will have the car, but I want to buy some loose wrapped chocolate he likes to put in the card pouch. It'll be sort of like the cones they used to put flowers or candy in back in the Victorian days. More about it later, probably tomorrow since I am back on the blog like a foodaholic on cheesecake. ;-)))

Hope every has some happy-ness today and or tonite! hubba hubba

Until Next Time,

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your Valentine's Day. These look like lots of fun to make, and they're bound to make their recipients smile!

Anonymous said...

Hi Aimeslee!

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment.

I had a look at your blog. You are a Suzi Blu fan too! I loved the artwork you’ve been creating.

I would love to have the time to sketch in the mornings; I will have to start getting up before my son though, and that’s a bit difficult ;)

Have a great day.

Kathie
http://kathielink.blogspot.com/

Barb Smith said...

Welcome to Soul Journal. I love your creations...I will be busy looking at all your past posts. You're so creative and I love your art. The coffee page is awesome!
Drop by and see me when you get a chance...http://craft-therapy.blogspot.com/
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Christy said...

Fabulous. You have done a fantastic job with your party post and your page is wonderful. I agree, that Sparkle paper towel is cute, might have to stop at the store to look for art. How inpirational!

{Daydreamer} said...

Happy Valentine's Day!
Cute page!
Heather :)

Linda said...

Oooh I love your Valentines day journal page. And the vintage Valentines are so sweet.

Whisperings 13 said...

What a wonderful blog (love the paisley background!- gorgeous!) Have a wonderful day. Happy hearts to you~ :0)

Linda said...

I love both of your sketches. The vintage images are so cool. I like that you mixed them with the doily. Happy Valentine's Day!

Karen Campbell said...

Love your latte valentine!

A tired retired recluse @ Swallowcliffs.blogspot.com/ said...

Hey Aimeslee: I know exactly what you mean on the collaging.. I think William Morris said it best: "Less is More." Thanks for partying with us!

Caryn Lynn said...

Great vintage valentines. thanks for sharing your sketch. Happy Valentine's Day to you!XoXo,Caryn

A Bit of Colour said...

Stopping in to say hi, & have enjoyed your valentines.

Blessings,
Kim

A Bit of Colour said...

Stopping in to say hi, & have enjoyed your valentines.

Blessings,
Kim

teri said...

I loved visiting your blog, Aimeslee, and I especially loved the vintage images!

Judy H said...

Love your drawings. That's what I'm doing right now...enjoying a cup of coffee while reading all the Valentine's Day postings.

Lizzi said...

Well, it's 3 days since Valentine's Day and I'm finally finishing my party rounds. I think your vintage cards are perfectly sweet! I'm looking forward to exploring more of your creations!