Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cold Case Files

I just had to document this !@##$^$% illness I've had, so this page is now in my *almost daily* pages for January:



I had started it over a week ago so that I wouldn't lose my *ephemera*, and even though I am still in the end-throws of hacking and blowing, I had to finally finish the dang page. I bet that'll be the first and only time I finish a page before the event I'm chronicaling finishes. Johnny on the spot, one time in my life! Yay! Hoo-Yaw! Ha-ha! winkwink

This page spread produced a loud guffaw from Hubs when I forced him to look at it. Usually it goes like this:

Me: Would you like to look at my latest art journal page?
Hubs: No.

Yes, that's my supportive soulmate! LOL

This page he liked, though. Since he was sick with this stuff, too, I guess he liked the leaking nose faucet. Or, he was doing a great job of play-acting. Who knows.

I shouldn't complain much. Even though he doesn't really want to look, he always says if art makes me happy, he is happy for me to do it. And I'm happy to leave him out of it, because he could take a greater interest in the art supplies I buy...and I wouldn't want that at all. Oh, no. winkwink

4 comments:

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

Hello there! Thought I'd check out your blog also! Beautiful work. Love your journal page with the leaky faucet nose. Fortunately, I've escaped the cold/flu illnesses so far. Comments about your husband sound familiar. My husband doesn't say much when asked either. Occasionally he will OFFER a critique which I find annoying! But for the most part, he's happy if I'm happy!
Thanks for asking about my tooth and the horse. My tooth-better!
Horse, not feeling too well again.
The doctor is looking at her as I write this.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Again, Your blog is beautiful!

Sending An Angel said...

This is to funny! Great post..Stop by I have a freebie design to give! I hope you love it!
Hugs

Linda said...

Love the leaky nose! Hope you are feeling better.

Diane Walker said...

So funny -- my husband isn't into my art either. And I totally get the faucet nose; hope you're better soon!