Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Art to Share!

I'm on the mend from the computer problems and lovin' my new laptop. Still working on retrieving and transferring and backing up, though, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to catch up on showing more of what I created this summer. I made 4 of these owl cards that were pretty identical, so I'll just show one here. Used my Sassafras Lass paper and owl stamp. The polkadot tree branch is a free-handed drawing. It looks a little like one of Cornish Heritage Farms' stamp and I admit, I was trying for that. That stamp set is on my wishlist, so someday but not yet. I was playing around and tried embossing the owl using Colorbox pigment ink in orange and orange embossing powder. That's why her color looks a bit speckled...cuz it's a little twinkly in person...just a little. I have some ATC's and my first APC's (Artist Post Cards) to show, but I need to make slide shows first. I did manage to download the images from my Flickr, so next time. :-) I have been blessed this summer to have had my bunco ATC make the front page on my [artisttradingcards] yahoo group, and one of my post cards made the front page of 4x6 Expressions, a new yahoo group I joined that makes post card art. But I am really honored to have a page up right now at Art-E-Zine . My Passion Play Matchbook is the subject. I love perusing through all of Gillian's pages of so many talented artists and their art. It's such rich eye candy, such a wide variety of technique and style. Spending time there helps me relax and "flow", even if it's just thinking and dreaming of creating, which is what I seem to do the most of. If I had a penny for every hour I spend that way...sigh. ;-) Anyway, please go take a look and see how she laid my page out. I worked really hard on the finishing details of the matchbook, and took the best photos I could, and her graphic design style really takes advantage of the piece's details and color. Gillian's layout style is so unique. I readily confess that it assaulted me the first time I visited her site many moons ago, but I soon learned to appreciate how the visual evokes passion in the viewer, if one allows it. I'm just so tickled!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had an absolute blast following all these links! THere is so much awesome art. Way to go lady!!!!

Sarah Coggins said...

The owl card is just too cute! :) Off to check out the Art-E-Zine link.

Linda said...

The owl card is so cute! I love your passion play book, great vintage images.