Saturday, October 13, 2018

Silvery Christmas in the Pink

Happy Saturday, y'all! A perfect Fall day going on where I live, sunny, dry and cool-ish. Hope you are equally blessed!

Today I am sharing a Christmas card I made for a good cause - breast cancer. So I of course used pink. And I used silver for me, as I am a senior citizen...geez that sounds so wrong haha. 

I began with some very old Daisy D's 12x12 pink snowflake scrapbook paper. The pattern in the paper was so subtle I felt it would look like a solid under the Spellbinders snowflakes cover plate die, so I got out some gel and glitter pens and did some outlining.

In addition to the cover plate die, I also cut the sentiment out using a Spellbinders Fancy Tags 1 die. I used Crafters Companion Shimmering cs. I really like how what I outlined shows through, so while that took some time, it was worth it. It adds interest and texture, I think.


Here's the inside sentiments I stamped, using Papertrey Ink and Hero Arts stamps.

I stamped my Avery Elle siggie stamp in a darker pink shade for a subtle look.

The focal sentiment on front is by Verve Visual, stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed in a bright pink ep. Once again, SU card stock for my card base.

I am entering the following challenges with this card:

No comments: