Friday, October 12, 2018

Thankful for Autumn

TGIF! Hope everyone had a good one. Mine was relaxing but went way too fast.

I have a thank you card to share today. I've been making them for my husband's retirement gifts. This one is literally paper scraps on a SU card stock base, an Autumn fussy-cut collage sheet image that was gifted me and an Avery Elle "Thanks" die cut from a scrap. I love how the green strip of mulberry paper adds texture and a bit of an imperfect touch.

I don't usually create a card without a base layer mat, but the old SU 8.5x11 card stock is plenty stiff on its own, and I love the color - like a brown merlot depending on how the light hits it. I'm not a heavy SU customer so I have no idea what their official color name is. I bought a huge box of card stock for an awesome price from a woman on Splitcoast Stampers a few years back when SU changed their colors.

After I adhered all the paper elements, I had some stray stickiness around the die cut and the image due to running them through my Xyron, so I took some copper Perfect Pearls mica powder and dusted my card front, working the powder in where the stickies were. Here you can see the shimmer on the card, because that stuff goes all over!

A closer view of the shimmer. I love the time-worn look of the flower image, and I chose to fussy-cut it to give the card some movement instead of seeing a rectangular image there.

Placing the card on my work desk renders a more merlot color in the card stock. I love the randomness of the dusting, so I shake off what I can but leave the rest on because...glitter!

I'm playing this card in the following challenges:

That's it for me today. Thank you for dropping by to see me.
Hope your weekend is packed with fun and sunshine.
Until next time,
xoxo





No comments: