Hello Hello!
I am back to guest host at Sunday Postcard Art!
My chosen theme is Favorite Color and since most everything is packed up, I decided to go super simple.
Purple is my favorite color and so I stamped a 4x6 pre-cut card stock piece with Versamark using a Heidi Swapp stamp. Then I applied white embossing powder and melted it. I dotted the i with a Posca.
Next, I gathered the purple Distress Inks (Villainous Poison, Shaded Lilac, Milled Lavender, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord, Wilted Violet) and a couple of blending brushes, and went to diagonal town, lol. I finished it with some edging using Promarkers. And done.
And yay for remembering what I did!
*********************
Oy, I have had a June and July to remember!
We got our sectional and adjustable bed. We're sleeping over at both places, depending on what we are doing and if we have to be either place for appointments.
The single biggest blessing and load off my mind was, we got our internet set up!
I was really stressed out thinking I'd need to find an IT guy for a 4,000 s.f. 2-story home. So I kept reading and trying to understand. And after 40 years of cable TV boxes, we decided to just get Wi-Fi internet through Xfinity and then choose streaming subscriptions.
But first, we finally bought new iphones. We were still using our iphone 7's! We got 17e's and love them. But this time we ordered them unlocked directly from Apple, got them next day, went to Xfinity to order new service and port over our cell numbers from Verizon. Bottom line: whereas we were paying $439/mo for internet, cable tv and 2 cellphones, now we are paying less than $200 including the streaming.
But here's the best part: I became so frustrated and stressed over how to get the internet set up without them making me rent equipment and up the bill, one day I just poured my heart (problem) out to Google Gemini. AND IT TOLD ME WHAT TO BUY AND DO!
All I had to do was buy a TP-Link Whole House Mesh Router system on Amazon. I had it there when the Xfinity techs came out AND GET THIS they set that up for us as well!
We did have to pay a $100 installation fee, but that's a lot cheaper than paying an IT guy!
And we have blazing internet in every corner of the house.
Money well spent to get the job done and regain my peace of mind.
Honey wanted a 65" LED Smart TV for the living room and I sort of insisted if we were gonna do that then I wanted one of those Samsung Frame QLED TV's that displays art like a screen saver.
The Tv is awesome-sauce. I mean, it's the "company" room, not the game room. So I think that gives it a little class. Still trying to get used to finding our streaming channels but we'll get there. And to be honest, we haven't been able to devote the necessary time.
And we have a small leak in the downstairs vanity bathroom. Mr. Sanchez, our fix-it guy (and his company name is literally All-Fix) has been out to diagnose it. The installer put the wrong shape of donut (some rubber seal in the tank) and a little gurgle of water comes out the side every so often. He'll be back to fix next week. I insisted he also check all the toilets, especially upstairs.
We noticed what is weird is that there are no ceiling fans in the dining room, kitchen or breakfast room, and Honey's like nope. So I found a really cute wooden blades that look like palm leaves for the breakfast room. And Mr. Sanchez needs to install it then go to the old house and take down my beautiful Victorian stained-glass fan and install it in the new house dining room.
Honey needs to assemble the breakfast room table we bought on Wayfair (we had to, none of Gallery's would work with the shape or the wood tone, which is a cherry/walnut/honey.)
And we are still packing but kinda stalled in that we have a mover date later in the month but are on a cancellation list because we are all ready to go with the first load. I'd really like to move the industrial steel shelves I scarfed from the old house living room for my craft room. There are 3 of them, like 6 ft high 3 ft wide 18" deep and not that terribly heavy. But Honey's like let the movers do it. I've planned to put my card stock and paper on those shelves and if they were moved I could start loading it up. Not that I can't do several other things until then.
And I could go on and on but it's late and time to go to bed.
I will try to post again maybe Sept. with some house photos, fingers crossed!
Til then, hope y'all are all well, thanks for visiting,
and have a cool Sunday and August.
XOX

No comments:
Post a Comment