Pages

Monday, October 14, 2024

October 13th Weekly Post

 Happy Sunday...on Monday!
I'm a day late posting and I apologize, but I had a horrible Saturday night, couldn't sleep at all because of pain. I finally fell asleep at 9 a.m. Sunday and woke up at 6 a.m. today! I lost a day and a good Sunday night meal, our usual steak and baked potato, but Honey saved mine so I'll be able to reheat it to eat today.
I am feeling better today even though my hip pain's still there.
I guess I just needed to sleep. Pain can be exhausting!
😳
I have 10 open spots in my 4x6 Art Journal Album that I want to fill and SPA's theme this week is Ravens & Crows, hosted by Sabine. So I quickly made this to include in my post. I stamped the bird, book and sentiment from Visible Image's Free Your Imagination set with Nocturne Versafine Clair ink. The sentiment stamped beautifully but the bird and book ink did not want to completely transfer. I used a Cracked stencil from A Colorful Life with Mustard Seed Distress Ink and a blending brush on the background, then stamped the bird and book again over the original stamping. Still not total coverage, so I resorted to coloring the bird with a black Posca. I colored the book and the card edge with a Lipstick Orange Copic (looks red!). I edged the card with the black Posca. I also ran a red Spectrum Noir glitter marker over the red of the card edge but you cannot really see any glitter (maybe at top right corner). 
***************
I also have a birthday card made for a dear friend.
I wanted to show this alcohol ink piece I did a while back when Group of Seven was doing an alcohol ink with guilding flakes technique. I saved this one because it looked like flowers to me. 

Then I added gold to the lines that I saw in it. No guilding flakes, just gold paint and marker, which I also lined the edge with after cutting it with a Spellbinders label die. I used die cuts of flowers with similar stamens. You can barely see the one at top, it's a Lapoo  outlined border die cut from gold glitter card, but it adds some nice texture. I also used a strip of the gold card across the width where the 2 Prima Moulin Rouge designer papers met. The die cut flower at bottom left is from a Momenta die set. On a smaller label die cut I stamped the sentiment with Versamark and heat embossed with gold powder. Card base is black SU card. I messy-edged the Prima papers with a gold marker as well.
 
And here is the sketch I used, stretched to 6x6.
****************
And here's another birthday card for another dear friend.
I stamped the Rubbernecker flowers with Nocturne VM Clair ink on watercolor paper, then colored with watercolor markers and outlined the leaf lines with a green Pitt artist pen. I stamped the WPlus9 "birthday wishes" and cut the Stamplorations "beautiful" die from white card twice, layered and added to the card. The designer papers are very very old Urban Lily 12x12 scrapbook papers.
And here is the sketch I used, stretching it to an an A9 size.

That's all for this week.
Thanks for visiting, have a great week and see you next Sunday, I hope on time, lol.
XOX

6 comments:

bockel24 said...

That Visible Image set is one of my faves, too, of course ...

Sabine said...

beautiful raven postcard, thanks for joining this challenge

peggy gatto said...

Very fun variety!

Chrissy said...

Oooo, spooky and then a beautiful alcohol ink background in hot pink and gorgeous card..re archival ink, so far so good, it is there and unsmudged..

Luv CHRISSYxx

My name is Erika. said...

Lots of lovely art today Aimeslee. The crow with the book is great, and so is that alcohol inked background. Wow.And I'm sorry to read about your rough night. Minor pain is hard enough to sleep with; I can't imagine pain that bad. And the hubby was sweet to save you your dinner. I hope you have a much better week this week. hugs-Erika

Alyson Mayo said...

That alcohol inked background is gorgeous with the gold enhancements - definitely a technique to try! Love the watercoloured flowers on the last card :)