Thursday, July 4, 2024

Time for Pattie's Creations Design Challenge #220

 Hello and happy first Friday of July.
That means it's time for a new challenge #220 at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge!
She provides a new freebie digi for you every month, but you can use any stamped image.
Go to the link I provided for the complete challenge rules.
And here is my inspiration make, using Pattie's Hang Thirty digi.
This is going to my nephew for his 30th birthday.
In PSE, I added the text to the surfboards and above and below them before printing out and coloring the image with Promarkers in summery colors.
 
I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my A7 layout design.
I added a sun and clouds to the top using Lawn Fawn dies cut from white card. The sun is colored with yellow Promarkers. I also added a striped ribbon from my stash.
 
Inside, a punny sentiment I composed and framed in PSE and printed out.
On back, I used Cosmo Cricket TV Dinner collection designer paper.
It lookes like surfboards to me and the colors complement the front.
I added a strip leftover from cutting the Kraft card base and a stamped and punched siggie.
Angled shot to show the little flowers I die cut using one of the TH Sizzix Tropical Thinlit dies and their centers dotted with Viva Decor Pearl Paint Pens.
I needed a little something white to balance the white cloud at top and I don't think they hurt a masculine card too much.
😊
Thanks for the visit today
Come join us in the challenge.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Sand, Beach, Sun, Tropical inspiration
Typhoon Lagoon, Cabana Bay
Column O: Free / Rectangle / Digital Image

15 comments:

Makira said...

Love this! The use of the ribbon as the horizon?! Genius πŸŒ…πŸ’› You did a beautiful job bringing the sketch challenge to life! I truly appreciate your support of Park Hopping My Happy Place & Colorful Options. Have a great weekend!
Cheers, 🎨 🌈🎒✨ Makira
https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/

My name is Erika. said...

These surfboards are very cute for a summer birthday. Or maybe in some places a birthday anytime of year. I really like the ribbon with the sun and cloud above it. I hope you had a lovely JUly 4 holiday. And thanks for joining us at TIOT with this card. This is about as summer as you can get. :) hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous summery card Aimeslee! I love the colourful surfboards!
Happy July xx

Sue said...

Fabulous beachy card and thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky hugs x

Jenny Engelke said...

What a super fun beach birthday card! Thanks for joining us at HSS!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I've loved all of your TIOT entries Aimeslee - these colourful surfboards remind me of holidays in Cornwall. I must confess though that owls are one of my favourite birds! Thanks for sharing all of your lovely art at Try It On Tuesday, hugs, Chrisx

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow I love how bright and colorful this is! Just screams Summer to me and how clever to add the sentiment on the surf boards! I love it!

Alyson Mayo said...

What a fun and happy card - love the surfboards. The paper on the back is a great match!

dj said...

Surf is up, indeed!! I love your choice of bright cheery colors...perfect for this summery theme!! Thanks for playing along with our "anything goes" challenge over at Cardz4Guyz!! You nailed our masculine challenge with this surf board card!!
Deb Horst, DT #C4G

Melanie Hungerford said...

What a great summer/guys/birthday image! Love the coordinating ribbon and the cute little sun and cloud, wonderful card! Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys and the Alphabet Challenge!

Lisa said...

Your nephew's 30th birthday card looks fantastic! The vibrant colors and summery theme with surfboards and sun are perfect for the occasion. Using Promarkers to color the image and adding the sun and clouds with Lawn Fawn dies adds a cheerful touch. The punny sentiment inside, framed in PSE, adds a personalized and humorous element, while the use of Cosmo Cricket designer paper on the back ties everything together nicely. Great job balancing the design with the little flowers and ribbon accentuating the overall look!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Just amazing Aimes. I love the surfboards, flowers and all. Super sentiments on the front and the perfect one for the insert. I may have to save that for future use? You really are so clever with your verses. Love everything about this card. x

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun design! Loving the summery vibes and the surfboards are fab 😊. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Bonnie Lynn said...

This is so cool!! Perfect for a surfer or anyone else.

Donna Walls said...

Fabulous and extremely clever birthday card! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at The Inspiration Station and Paper Funday Challenges.
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge