Friday, June 7, 2024

Weekly 4X6 Art

 Hello, hope all is well with you.
This week's 4X6 theme at SPA is Geometric Shapes, and AJJ's theme this month is What Makes You Happy. So this is a mash-up of those. Not to equate myself AT ALL WHATSOEVER with the likes of Einstein, but I consider myself a lower level math nerd. I spent 30 years as a tax and small business accountant, so I actually enjoy numbers, solving word problems and using the basic properties of math in my head to get answers. I'm not much for higher levels like Einstein mastered, but I do have mucho respect for those who can use it. Anyway, when I thought of Geometric Shapes it made me think of Geometry in school and then my love for math, so this is what came from that!
I began with this very old Technique Junkies background stamp, which I stamped on 4X6 matte photo card with an MFT super black dye ink in my stamping platform. I had to do this several times to get full coverage and then I left it to dry overnight even though dye ink usually dries quickly on glossy card.
Then I used an Amazon triangle die to cut an opening in the large circle of the stamped image.
Then I ran it through my Big Shot inside the above embossing folder and also through my Xyron. Then I adhered that to another 4X6 white card. 
Once I adhered the dry embossed layer to the white base, I carefully rubbed-patted a Moonlight White Brilliance full size ink pad over the raised embossing to make it stand out more, then left that to dry well. The triangle die set (which I was so happy to find) came with a triangle border die which I cut twice from black scrap card and adhered to each short edge. Inside of the large triangle aperture, I placed Tim Holtz letter stickers to spell Math Nerd and on some white card I stamped another very old Technique Junkies stamp of Einstein's head with Nocturne VF Clair ink and heat embossed it with clear powder, fussy cut it and adhered it inside the aperture above the letter stickers. Finally, I stamped 3 different stamps from an old MoodTape Math Equations set with the VF Clair and heat embossed and fussy cut them to add around the page.
And done!
I really like the monochromatic look of it and that background reminds me of the "dirty" chalkboards from classrooms back in my day. And not to be too terribly nerdy, but I included triangles because they form the basis of Einstein's theory of relativity. Proving the Pythagorean theorem was his first theorem mastery at age 12.

The Pythagorean theorem is a fundamental part of Euclidean geometry that is the basis for a thread of geometry that leads to Einstein's Theory of Relativity. The theorem states that the sum of the squares of the lengths of the two normal sides of a right triangle is equal to the square of the length of its hypotenuse. The Pythagorean theorem is used in Einstein's Theory of Special Relativity to derive the time-dilation equation. Einstein combined the theorem with his assumption that the speed of light is the same for everyone to discover that time is not absolute and that the rate at which time passes is different for observers in different frames of reference. The Pythagorean theorem can also be used to graphically relate energy, momentum, and mass.

So he really dug triangles as do I!
😎
And my first little 4X6 art journal album is almost full!
I'm glad I bought a 2-pack!
Thanks for the visit and enjoy your day.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
I love triangles!!!
I've done both wet and dry here, but my favorite this time is the dry with the ink pad rubbed on the raised surface. I just love how it looks in the light.
Colum O: Aperture / Black / Free

22 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

This is such a cool piece. I love numbers, but sadly when I used to be able to do some higher level math (but not that high) is no more as that info has disappeared after years of not using it. Oh well. I'll leave it to the experts. :) I loved geometry though. All those proofs-they were my favorites. Thanks for linking this up to Matilde's AJJ challenge. And have a great weekend too. hugs-Erika

Bonnie Lynn said...

Awesome 4x6 art page Aimes! I'll let you keep the math and I'll stay with biology, anatomy/physiology. Now the sophomore me loved math but once I hit Algebra II, math and I went opposite directions. I've had trouble ever since then. Hang in there and stay cool my friend.

Gillena Cox said...

Lovely art and your journal is super. Bravi

Much♡love

Viv said...

A fantastic design - terrific project! Thanks so much for sharing with us at TIOT!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is awesome Aimes, I love the monochrome effect, just perfect to add Einstein with your fabulous maths background. As for maths, I was never good, but a new teacher told me I was looking for the hard way, because I found it too easy, from then on, I was quite good. I even spent a few years of my working life using a lot of maths. Definitely NOT an Einstein though hahaha. Have a great weekend. x

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful piece! Maths, Einstein and geometric shapes are among my all time faves. Love how you combined them! Your album will be a treasure. And thanks for linking to our challenge at AJJ! Hugs!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The background reminds me of a magnet I got at a museum I visited, It also had lots of geometric shapes, but no Albert. I love what you did with the background and how you used the die, too. This is a carefully designed entry, and I love it. I am also a math nerd. If you could just see how many differential equation books I own, you would know. You can tell it makes me happy. This is stunning Aimeslee and perfect for Matilde's theme at Art Journal Journey. Thanks for sharing it with us at AJJ.


Barb Finnical said...

Wow Aimeslee, this card is so very fun and cute and I'm sure someone who loves math will be over the moon about it. You've done a great job matching all the elements with each other. You also seem really smart when it comes to math! Good for you. The only thing I can figure out is how much I'm saving when something is 75% off at a sale! I really enjoyed reading this post. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Christmas (or Not) BINGO Challenges!

Matilde said...

This is beautiful! Thank you for sharing your story 😊 I'm glad you joined my challenge at AJJ 😊 Have a nice weekend!

Chrissy said...

I love this what a great technique and card design, clever, and love your book coming together, mine is over full now so I have finished, didn't know what I was doing but had fun..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Chrissy said...

Back with my DT hat on..
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jackie C said...

Wow! AMAZING!
We are always super happy to see every entry in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
Please do come back again!
The very best of luck with your entry.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

Lynda said...

Such a great card - so many techniques - very effective. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Zw@@n said...

Wow, another gorgeous card! Love the theme and all the details. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

Carol said...

Well, you learn something every day - they say. I had no idea you were/are a maths nerd. (your own words). I was lousy at maths, which disappointed my father as he held a 1st Class Honours Degree in Pure and Applied Mathematics from London University. He started at University at aged 17, not eighteen. He used to set (and mark) our 'O' level Mathematics papers taken in the UK by students in the 5th form. He could quote logarithms without opening the tables.

Carol
xx

Mia said...

Beautiful card, Aimeslee, great embossing! Thank you for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Try it on Tuesday
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Rachelle Oltean said...

I love this collage-themed monochromatic design! The science imagery is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing this great project with us at the Krafty Chicks Challenge this week! - Rachelle

The Crafty Den said...

What a fantastic art page Aimeslee. I love all the fun elements and the background stamp is awesome. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Lisa said...

My son would love this one! He is totally a math geek. He is one year away from graduating with a degree in math education.

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

What a cool design, I love everything about it! Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

Arlene said...

What a totally fun card! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas this month. Arlene with Die Cut Divas

foleysfriend said...

Fabulous card! Love all the geometry and calculations on your monochromatic card. I really enjoyed the geometry lesson too. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

sue n.