Monday, June 10, 2024

Shopper Tag

 Happy Monday, hope all is well with you and yours.
I created another tag for my Stamping Bellas/MFT themed collection.
SUPPLY LIST:
Acetate for homemade Bokeh stencil with circle dies
Nested Notched Square dies (2)
Dotted banner flag die
Heavyweight glossy card
Watercolor paper 300#
Recollections white card
Translucent vellum (sentiment)
Stamping Bellas Emmybella stamp
Pink Cat Studio shoe border stamp
Leave Memories sentiment stamp
Versafine Clair and Distress inks
Versamark ink
Cloud White Versamagic chalk ink
White and clear embossing powders
Promarkers to color Emmybella

I ink blended the background with Charming Pink and Warm Breeze Versafine Clair inks and then I did the Bokeh Technique using a homemade acetate stencil of various die cut circle sizes and white chalk ink. My reasoning for not using Distress inks was so that it would dry permanent and when I stenciled the Bokehs circles, my white dewdrop ink pad would not get cross-contaminated.
I also die cut the vertical banner flag out of the background layer before ink blending, stamping with Versamark and white heat embossing the shoes, then ink blending the banner flag with Fantasia VF Clair.
Then I put the die cut banner flag back for an inlaid look when I adhered the background layer to the dark purple glossy card base which was inked with Villanous Potion Distress ink.
The sentiment at bottom says "Veni, Vidi, Visa / I came, I saw, I shopped" in case you cannot read it. I stamped it on translucent vellum with Fantasia VF Clair, then clear heat embossed it and trimmed the vellum into a horizontal banner flag before adhering with vellum tape runner. I stamped Emmybella on white card with Nocturne VF Clair and clear heat embossed her, then colored her with Promarkers and fussy cut her out before adhering.
And done!
 
I used this sketch from A Crafting Niche group on Facebook as a guide for my tag layout design.
I made it into a square and made the vertical element longer.
Three close-up shots to show the inlaid banner die, the white background Bokeh dots and the heat embossing on Emmybella, the shoes and the big sentiment at bottom.
Last look.
Love, love these colors and I had fun attempting the various techniques and getting inky.
Thanks for visiting and have a great day.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Vertical banner flag die cut is inlaid flat
I like both wet and dry but here I have done wet and I really liked inking over white heat embossing and also clear heat embossing on large fat sentiments because it looks like glass.
Column B: Free / Hand-colored Image / Dots / Vellum
Disney Clothiers at WDW Magic Kingdom

22 comments:

María said...

Gorgeous card. The background is great and super colourful. The embossing powders add a fantastic texture. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

Alyson Mayo said...

How cute - perfect for the shopping gal. Love the background. Thanks for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams :)

crafty-stamper said...

Love your shaped tag and cute image,embossed banner and perfect sentiment.Thank you for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and Pearly Sparkles.
Carol DT x

Pamela said...

this is a great fun shopping card that you shared with us at C4Galz challenge

wienerhoneymooners said...

WOW stunning color effects!! Such a fun card perfect for a bestie!! Thanks so much for joining us in the Stay Crafty with a Bog Named Hero Challenge!!!

Loll said...

Beautiful Aimslee! Gorgeous colours for your background and love it with the Bokeh technique. What a fun card! That sentiment made me laugh out loud. :) Thanks for sharing your card with us at Group of Seven! xx

My name is Erika. said...

That's a fun tag. Shoe shopping would be fun to do, even when you don't need new shoes. Grin. I love the colors too. Thanks for sharing this with us at TIOT as well. Happy Tuesday. hugs-Erika

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This is fabulous Aimes, love the gloss of the embossing and the beautiful bokeh result, a great image, and a fun card. x

Bonnie Lynn said...

This is so cool! I love your take on the sketch too.

Anita said...

I so like the shape of this tag, Aimeslee, and the colors. The bokeh effect is so lovely! I did think it was distress inks at first, but the bokeh size was puzzling--until I read how you did it. :-) Emmybella, the funny quote, and the banner are so perfect for one another too. I love everything in this tag! xo Anita

Lynda said...

Just a fabulous card - so colourful and bright - loving the Bokeh technique. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

SarahR said...

Hi Aimeslees, I love the older Stamping Bella rubber stamps and I may well have this one myself! What a perfect sentiment to go with it too and I love your background!

Thanks entering again at Passion for Markers and I'm still tardy with my commenting, apologies! Sarah

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Many thanks for sharing this lovely tag in our challenge at Passion for Markers this week.
Lorraine

Treva said...

What a cute and tag; love the colors and the image.

Thank you for joining us at Cut it Up for our Anything Goes challenge.

Treva

Cazro said...

A very cute shopping card, truly feminine. So colourful, loving the background. Thank you for joining in our challenge at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT.

Barb Finnical said...

Oh my goodness Aimeslee. This is such a cute tag! I love the sentiment! The colors are so bright and cheery and the shoes are adorable too. I also love how it's shaped too. I can tell you put a lot of work into it. The Bokeh technique is so cool too. I think I tried it once. Great I idea making the dies yourself. I'll have to try that. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Christmas (or Not) BINGO Challenges!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

A very cute tag, Aimeslee. All of the embossed elements come together nicely. So glad you joined us at The Alphabet Challenge this round. Cheers, Jolanda - Guest DT

Lisa said...

Really fun tag! That image is great and I love the colors you used too.

Julia Aston said...

Love the fun colors you used on your background with your lovely Bokeh Aimeslee! Such a fun sentiment to go with your shopper! thanks for joining us at G07 using this technique! Julia x

ClaireB said...

Fabulous, fun tag, vibrant colours and great colouring too. The sentiment is fab! Thanks for joining us at the Pearly Sparkles Challenge this month Claire DT

~amy~ said...

Love your color choices.
Thanks for joining us at the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero challenge!

Francesca said...

So pretty! Thank you for playing at Dragonfly Dreams Challenge!