Friday, May 31, 2024

Weekly 4X6 Art

 Happy Friday, everyone.
Rainy and stormy here.
I wish the power would quit "skipping".
I gave up on resetting the clocks and the TV.
I was working on a guest design mixed media piece, so while I had supplies out, I made this for a corsets theme and then wrote a poem titled "Corseted" for a poem theme. I used a very old Vicki Enkoff torso rubber stamp with a corset, along with 2 stencils, lace that I painted with acrylics and lots of paint splatters. 
 
I originally did two stampings, one in a light brown and one in red. I stamped a mask too. I even gave both a base ink blending of Tumbled Glass Distress ink.
And I used this stencil on both with some bordeaux Ancient Pages ink that just.won't.dry.out. (It's at least 15-20 years old.)
I thought to take a photo of the background after I started adhering the outlined words, when I realized the background was going to get covered up. Yup, should have made the words smaller in PSE, but oh well. The vertical lines were made using this stencil:

and Black Soot Distress Oxide ink.
Close up of the black acrylic-painted corset and gold paint pen detailing.

And close up of the painted lace.

I even remembered to sign my work this time, with my initials and the year.

Last look.
This was messy fun and my photo story could have been better but this storm has me anxious and irritated.
Just when I need internet access...ugh!
Thanks for the visit and I hope your weekend behaves.
😊
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Media Used: Paper, Distress inks, Distress oxides, Acrylic paints, Lace
Column N: Make Your Own Background / Free / Splatters

18 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I'm glad you could squeeze in another page before May wrapped up Aimeslee. I like this one a lot, and you are quite the poet.I like the last line about testing views of sanity when embracing the insane. That is definitely true! I don't understand how women wore them with some type of general uproar for so many decades. Times definitely have changed. Thanks again for joining us at AJJ. It is much appreciated!!! And hope your power settles down and no more skipping. It's not anything major to reset clocks, etc. but it is still a major nuisance.Happy almost June. Boy this month flew. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a fun card with the corset! I am so glad we don't have to wear them anymore, I could never stand something like that. And you need a maid to put fasten it! But your card is gorgeous, you nailed it! Hugs, Valerie

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful creation. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

Rika said...

fabulous art work, so many details.

Chrissy said...

Wow, fantastic piece Aimeslee. I love the corset and individual sentiments in poem form, and love the painted lace, so pretty. fabulous and gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jana Forrest said...

Aimslee The corset is such a fun image to play with. You have created a very nice masterpiece. thank you for joining us over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, Jana DT

theras kartenblog said...

That's a fun card with the corset! I'm thrilled to bits.
Thanks for playing along with us at Nachteulen Challenge.
Good luck and happy crafting!
Ilse (thera)


Carol said...

Super card Aimes. What a lot of work.
Hugs
Carol xx

María said...

Gorgeous project. I love that background and how you've played with the stamp. That poem is a great addition. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A fabulous card, love the details of the stencil and lace, beautiful use of the words too. Love it. x As for the storm, we have actually had 2 days of good dry weather, OH! We did need some :) x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Amazing!! love all the detail and different textures, your words really did make me smile.. if only they were to wear one haa haa!! You really have brought the delights of mixed media to us all @ Creative Artiste. Thanks so much for sharing.
I hope messy play took your mind off the storms and things have calmed now.
Happy Crafty June Hugs Tracey xx

Chana Malkah said...

Very nice! Love the sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing this fabulous project with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Donna Walls said...

Fun mixed media piece, can you imagine squeezing into something like that? Thanks for inspiring us with your lovely project at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Leanne said...

Nicely done, glad you played again great job, and thanks for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Have a great day.

Leanne DT/Member~KCC

Lisa said...

It's impressive how you seamlessly integrated your mixed media supplies to create a thematic piece for the corsets theme, and the addition of a poem titled "Corseted" adds depth and narrative to the artwork. The use of various techniques, such as stamping, stenciling, and painting lace, demonstrates your versatility and creativity in mixed media artistry.

Barb Finnical said...

Very cool card Aimeslee! I love the old fashioned feel of it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Christmas (or Not) BINGO Challenges!

Judy McKay said...

Lovely dress. very nice designed card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

sidan said...

Eine aufwendige Karte und außergewöhnlich. Es wirkt richtig gut mit den Texten seitlich. Und die Spitze passt perfekt.
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den "Nachteulen schaffen schönes“!