Friday, April 12, 2024

Plein Air a Paris 4X6 Art

 Happy FriYay!
Hope everyone is doing okay.
I'm okay now, but the knuckles on my left hand have been bothering me all week. I thought I'd pulled something when I opened a jar, but yesterday it began swelling and I called my doctor who phoned in a steroid prescription. Well, I then had a nasty allergic reaction to it. I had to go to the ER and spend a few hours on an intravenous hook-up to flush out the offending drugs. Then an injection in my knuckle (where the middle finger meets the palm), painful but it helped. MRI next week to see if the problem can be identified. Meanwhile, since I'm lefthanded, I am having to watch what I do and wear a spandex hand grip.

So, this week's theme at Sunday Postcard Art is Paris and Deann is hosting.
Here is what I made for it.

It's made from this 2003 Blick Studio catalog cover, back in the day when we still got mail catalogs. I'd really liked the photo and kept it, but this week I decided to use it. 

I scanned it into PSE, cropped it to fit on a 4x6 base and added the text and the cute little LaLaLand Frenchie digi. Then I printed it out and adhered to a precut card stock base, colored the letters, dog and the exposed edge of the base, using Promarkers.
And done!

Must be an interesting painting!
😎
Thanks for the visit and have a great weekend!
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
I went around the world to visit Paris. 😎
Fun in Paris!
Disneyland Paris
Secret Lives of Pets-Off the Leash Universal Studios Hollywood
DOG

15 comments:

Deann said...

So sorry about your medical adventure, I hope you're all well soon. Your picture is lovely I like the little dog in the corner he's very cute.

Kate said...

Ohhhh - I do wish I could see that painting! Your card is such a great take on the catalog cover and that little Frenchie with the beret is just the sweetest touch!

Thanks for joining us for our “Photograph” challenge at Little Red Wagon this week! I’m so glad that you linked your project!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Donna Walls said...

Owie Wowie! That injection sounds painful but I hope it continues to help. Sometimes we just don't take into consideration how much we use our hands so take it easy going. Now, your card is fun, love that photo and love your interpretation of the photo this month at The Inspiration Station Challenge!
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

My name is Erika. said...

That's a super vintage photo, and I like what you did with it to make this page. That artist reminds me of James Dean a bit. The little pup with the beret and scarf looks perfect for this piece too. And sorry to hear about your hand. That sounds scary. Glad they could flush out the offending drug, and hope everything gets sorted and your knuckle feels better soon. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

Lisa said...

I'm glad to hear you're okay now, but it sounds like quite the ordeal with your hand! Wishing you a speedy recovery and hoping the MRI provides some clarity on the issue. Your postcard art for the Paris theme is absolutely charming – repurposing the catalog cover and adding the LaLaLand Frenchie digi was a brilliant touch!

meg said...

A trip to Paris is definitely an adventure,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a clever use of materials Aimes, definitely a Parisian link, love your work. Sorry to hear about your painful hand and A&E visit. I really hope it improves soon. x

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh dear, Aimeslee, that doesn't sound good at all! Poor you, I hope it will be better very soon! Look after yourself, hugs, Valerie

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Just beautiful actually fabulous, Thanks for sharing over at 613 Avenue Create this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
Elaine DT

KraftiKards (my blog)
613 Avenue Create DT
Peace on Earth Christmas DT
Simply Clean and Simple DT

Makira said...

Cute! I can just see a little French Bulldog in Paris having such a life. Hope your hands are doing better! Hopefully, the MRI will show something. 🀞 Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Have a great week! 🎨🎒🌟Cheers, Makira

Diane said...

Very unique and creatively fun adding the cute little pug!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

Cool card idea, I love it! Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

Debbie said...

Fun card!
Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Galz
Debbie - C4G DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Deanne Saunders said...

Cool!!! Thanks so much for participating in our 613 AVENUE CREATE challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Alexandra Y said...

Such a fun way to interpret this month's Inspiration image! I love that photo too. Thank you for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge this month! ~ Alexandra