Monday, April 15, 2024

Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Time!

 Hello!
Happy new week. 
It's the 15th and that means time for another monthly challenge at Beautiful Blossoms.
Here is our optional mood board for your inspiration, but any blooms will do as long as they are the focus of your project. Please read the complete rules HERE.

And here is my inspiration make, using the inspiration board's tiger lilies along with the peach, green and turquoise colors. I used my Castle Arts colored pencils to color the flowers.

 
I chose this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my 6X6 layout design, using a Spellbinders cover die to replicate the diamond shapes. The tiger lilies were stamped with Versafine Clair ink, heat embossed with clear powder and the smaller one on the left was die cut. The top and bottom sentiments were both stamped with Versamark ink, heat embossed with white powder and die cut using Lawn Fawn banner dies.

I did the Cover Die Eclipse technique on the larger tiger lily. This involved stamping the image on two sheets of card stock in exactly the same place, die cutting one with a cover die, then placing that layer over the other one so that the two stamped images are laid over each other. You are supposed to use a stamp platform to get the image stamped on both card layers in the same exact spot, but silly me, I was too lazy to get out my platform. Instead, I stamped the second bottom image on a big sheet of card stock, then lined up my images and glued the top layer on, then cut the bottom layer off around the top layer. Kind of a back end way, but it worked!

 
On back, a piece on white card with a piece of turquoise card cut with the Spellbinders cover die. Also a siggie stamped and white heat embossed and die cut.
Inside the card, I stamped Uniko sentiments with Warm Breeze Versafine Clair ink.

I found it really hard to photograph my Cover Die Eclipse technique results, so I hope you can see how the die cut top layer is laid on top of the bottom mat so that the top stamped, colored image is layered exactly on the image of the bottom layer. It really did work! I'm pleasantly surprised, lol. 

I decided to keep it simple and have some white space, lol.
I know, unusual for me, but hey, variety is the spice of life, right?
😎
Besides, after Honey being sick and then my hand problems, these past 2 weeks definitely upped my stress level.
Thanks for the visit and have a great week ahead.
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
I used the challenge inspiration mood board photo of the lilies (top right)
Epcot Int'l Flower and Garden Festival

22 comments:

Makira said...

🧡🧡🧡 this! Great use of layers! You nailed the inspiration board for Beautiful Blossoms. Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Have a great week! 🎨🎢🌟Cheers, Makira

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous lily florals and I love this eclipse technique. I also like the square style, it's a gorgeous card. Thanks for creating such a beautiful card for The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
Donna xx

Diane said...

Beautiful lilies, so pretty in the peachy colors, my own lilies are just popping up and next week to be below freezing, yikes, I wish our warmer temps would stay put!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B, the Four Seasons and Simply Clean and Simple!
Diane TB, SCAS, FS Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

Chris said...

A fabulous design, the lilies are beautiful, such a lovely effect from the eclipse technique. Thank you for joining in at Fab'n' Funky.
Chris
x

Michelle N. said...

Such beautiful flowers! I wish my lilies were blooming. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely bloom and such a fabulous color combo!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge!

Loll said...

Your lilies are so pretty Aimslee!! It worked out great with your cover eclipse die-cutting. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Group of Seven! xx

Alyson Mayo said...

I love everything about this - the background, the colours, the gorgeous flowers! Super work :)

Bonnie Lynn said...

This is beautiful my friend. Your pencil coloring is spot on for those lilies. I really hope you're having a pain free day my friend.

Kate said...

Such a gorgeous card - and a lovely colour scheme too!

Thanks for joining us with another project for our “Photograph” challenge at Little Red Wagon this week! I’m so glad that you linked your project!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Hannelie said...

A beautiful floral birthday card! Thanks for sharing with us at the Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge!

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous floral card! xx

Arlene said...

Such a lovely birthday card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our challenge this month.

Lisa said...

Your card inspired by the tiger lilies and vibrant colors of the inspiration board is absolutely stunning! The attention to detail, from the meticulous coloring with Castle Arts colored pencils to the innovative Cover Die Eclipse technique, truly shines through in your design. It's clear that you put a lot of thought and creativity into every aspect of this beautiful creation. I'm delighted to see my sketch being put to use. It's always inspiring to witness how others interpret and adapt my designs.

Ellibelle said...

Such a pretty floral card, thank you so much for joining in at the Four Seasons challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

J.J said...

Amazing design! So beautiful. I love how bright the flowers are. Thanks for sharing your project at A Place To Start !

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Your card is great Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly dreams

Zo een leuke kaart, tof gedaan. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Dagronfly dreams
Creatieve Groetjes Claudia

Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
You tube:Claudia's Kaartjes
Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
Challenge blogs:
Girlz Creative Christmas 
Girlz makes Guyz Cards
Girlz creative crafts
Creative sketchy girls

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful!! Thanks so much for participating in my HALLOWEEN AND OTHER OCCASIONS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Annie H said...

That’s a beautiful lilies card, I like the color too. Thanks for playing along with us at ‘kleuren met potloden’.
Annie DT

Scrapcreaties Mirande said...


Wat een leuke kaart. Bedankt voor je deelname aan onze challege op het Blog "Kleuren met potloden".
Groetjes Mirande

Julia Aston said...

Your lovely orange lilies look so pretty against the white with the die cut! thanks for sharing with us at G07! Julia xx

Rosmarie said...

What a beautiful card! I adore lilies and especially their scent. Thank you so much for playing along with our Dream Factory Challenge. Rosi x