Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Birthday For A Special Friend

 Happy Hump Day.
I hope this finds you well and warm.

I'm sharing a country/floral birthday card today.
This is for a dear friend who loves country living and shabby chic decor.
So I thought I'd make her something with those preferences in mind.

The idea for this card design began with this piece of Prima Georgia Blues patterned paper for the card front. I decided to stamp the Artistic Outpost house and tree scene with Summer Sky Memento ink to integrate it into the collage subtly, and then I distressed the edges. Later I ink-edged it too. As you can see above, the flower/plants are not colored on the paper. I got out my watercolor pencils, a waterbrush and a metallic glitter gel pen and added some color to them, keeping to a mostly blue color scheme. 

Then I chose another patterned paper in the collection and cut into it with a Sizzix Plaque and Postage On the Edge die. This gave me the top and bottom layers and I ink-edged those before adhering. I cut a Paper Roses Barbed Wire die with some metallic-look paper left over from a masterboard I once made. I adhered that to the bottom. I punched small circles and hearts too and added them. The sentiment from my stash was stamped with Twilight Versafine Clair ink on a label from my scrapbooking stash, heat embossed with clear powder, and ink-edged like the other papers.

 
The back of the card using more of the Prima and the inside using Papertrey Ink stamped sentiments.

Angle shot to show the areas of shine with the metallic/glitter gel penning on the flowers, embossing powder on the sentiment and faux metallic paper (circles, hearts, barbed wire). 

And one last look.
Thanks for the visit and have a great day!
XOX

CHALLENGE LINK UPS:
Dies Used: Sizzix On The Edge die and Barbed Wire die
First time to use the Sizzix On The Edge die and I've had it for atleast a decade! Same story for the sentiment stamp, and so old I forgot who made it.
I took inspiration from the color blue in the photo
Column O: Layers / Rectangle / Free
I took inspiration from the blues and browns, houses and vegetation

24 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

Wow, this is pretty. The addition of the blue flower is just perfect :)

María said...

A gorgeous card with a fantastic design. I love how you've played with the blue tones, they're perfect for the papers you've chosen. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

ScrappyHorses said...

Gorgeous papers and dies on this vintage country card! The patterns are so lovely! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

Becca S said...

Your artistry on this birthday card is incredible!!! Lots of shabby chic country charm! I always enjoy discovering every layer and detail! Thanks for sharing at FarmQuest General Store! I hope you make more deliveries this month! :) ==Becca

The Crafty Den said...

What a beautiful card Aimeslee. I love the shabby chic feel and your colour scheme is beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks challenge this week. Hugs, Denise, DT x x

Anita said...

Beautiful card, Aimeslee, which I have no doubt your friend will be pleased to receive. Love the transformation of the paper, and all of the embellishments you've added!

Larelyn said...

Love the subtle stamping. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up "Anything Goes" challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Heather said...

So pretty - such a fascinating design! I loved seeing your process in building this glorious collage, truly lovely! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, I am sure your friend will be delighted. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful make! It is fun to finally give those 'first time use' supplies some inky love. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas this January.

Bonnie Lynn said...

Aimeslee that Prima paper is gorgeous!!! The added watercoloring really brings out those flowers. Hopefully, you're staying warm. It's cold and drizzling here with more rain tonight. Then it's coming your way.

My name is Erika. said...

This is such a pretty card. I am loving the blue. And all the details in your layering too. The pale blue Artistic Outpost image is really a lovely addition too. And fyi- we never lost power-hurrah! And even better, I tested negative this morning so covid, so I am definitely on the mend. I also know what you mean about taking challenges literally, which I think many people do. But I'm trying to answer people's questions and be flexible, since we all see the world differently. :) I hope you're having a nice week. hugs-Erika

Darlene said...

Just beautiful and I'm sure your friend just LOVED it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B & Double D challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What clever work you have done to enhance these beautiful papers, a gorgeous design too. Very feminine.
Faith x

Lisa said...

This is a really beautiful card! I love the layout and the beautiful blue flower.

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

Sara Lihz Dobel said...

These are wonderful! I love all the layers! Thank you so much for sharing at Colorful Options!

Best,
Sara Lihz

Rosmarie said...

Aww, this card is absolutely gorgeous! I'm sure your friend will love it! Thank you so much for being such a great supporter of our Dream Factory challenge! Rosi x
Dream Factory
DotMCC

Arlene said...

Beautiful card. Your friend will love it.So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous card! I, too, love Country living and Shabby Chic design (and the trendy design known as CottageCore). I'm certain the recipient loved their card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge. We're always inspired by everyone's creativity!
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Jolanda Johnstone said...

A very lovely collage style card, Aimeslee. It hits so many notes in the Inspiration Board. So glad you shared this project with us at HSS this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

Stampin Expressions said...

Gorgeous collage Card! So many fun elements! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful! I love the composition. Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Helen said...

Beautiful design - very elegant.

Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge.

Helen x