Friday, October 13, 2023

Life: Some Assembly Required

 Welcome, hope everything's going well with you.
I'm a little nervous that it's Friday the 13th, what with everything going on in the world.
Praying for no additional problems.
🙏

I made some 4x6 art using neon and brown inks, stamps, white embossing powder and rusty gold gear dies. It will go into my 4x6 Art album journal.

Here are the neon inks I used on the background.

 
This is the very very old Technique Tuesday stamp set I used to stamp the word circles in Versamark, then heat emboss with white powder before ink blending the background.

 
I used stamps from these Sweet Stamp Shop and Seven Gypsies sets stamped in VersaFine Clair Pinecone ink.

 
And here are the Sizzix and Trim Craft gear die sets that I used dies from, cutting into gold watercolored card and then ink-smudged with the VF-Clair Pinecone ink.

And final view. 
I enjoyed using these long-neglected supplies. 
I don't remember ever using the stamps or the neon inks.
I'm surprised about the neon inks because I love these intense colors!
I'll have to use them more often.
The round stamps are beginning to "sugar", so this might be their swan song.
Nothing lasts forever, although I have to say a lot of my supplies are saying Hold My Beer on that, lol.

Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
 
Media: Paper, Inks, Embossing powder, Watercolor paint

19 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I have both of those old stamp sets. I also used that 7Gypsies one in a piece I shared last week. That is such a great set of words and phrases, isn't it? And I like the neon too. It's a fun take for gears seeing so many pages are darker and almost vintage. (like my pages for example.) Thanks for sharing this with us at AJJ. I hope you have some nice weather-not too hot, not too cold, rain if you need it, and that you get some music in while you work since there's no Astro games until Sunday. :) Hugs-Erika

Sandra Wright. said...

Super postcard, I love the neon colours too, makes a fabulous backdrop for your circles...x

ScrappyHorses said...

What great colors and that sentiment is wonderful! So happy you shared with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Anita said...

Using up old, almost-forgotten supplies is always such a great feeling! Love the mix of round stamps with gears, and the neon colors just pop!

Hope your Friday the 13th goes by without much fuss! :-)

Neet said...

Love that you brought these 'older things' out today and WOW what a lovely bright page you have for us as a result.
I don't go to stamp shows much at all these days so had no idea on the Neon colours but now you have set me wondering - do I need them? Yours certainly set off the gears in a great way. I hope your round stamps last a bit longer and I love the wordy ones. Always find a use for those.
Thanks Aimselee for joining in again with my theme at AJJ.
Hugs, Neet xx

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a lovely and colourful piece, and thanks for linking to us at AJJ for Neet's challenge. Hope you are keeping well, take care, hugs, Valerie

bockel24 said...

Wow, what a thoughtful statement card, I love it!

Darlene said...

WOW that's really bright and very cool! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Lisa said...

Gorgeous bright cheery colors on this wonderfully happy card.

crafty-stamper said...

Great journal piece,love the embossed cogs and fabulous neon coloured background
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Colorful Options
Carol GDT x

Bonnie Lynn said...

Fabulous journal page! Those neon colors sure are bright. I like how the white & metallic gears look on those colors. Have a great week my friend.

Francesca said...

Pretty creation! Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start!

Larelyn said...

Love the message and such a fabulous design. Your cards never disappoint. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up Favorite Color challenge.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! I love those inks, they really do make an impression! Such a great idea for Neet's AJJ theme, thanks for sharing, hugs, Chrisx

Deanne Saunders said...

Cool card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Andree said...

A wonderfully colourful art piece. Fabulously aged cogs and lovely white embossing.
Thank you for joining in with our October challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Chana Malkah said...

This is a great card! I love the sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Sara Lihz Dobel said...

This card is so vibrant and fun, and I ADORE that sentiment! Thank you for sharing with the Colorful Options Challenge.

Sara Lihz
@SassysLLC

Ashwini Rao said...

The background colors really pop! I love the look of all the circular elements on the card - both the embossed and the die cut ones look great together. Thank you for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge with this beauty!