Friday, October 6, 2023

Everybody Wants Some

 Happy FriYay, hope a good weekend is in store for you.
I'm slowly but steadily feeling better. I've been working hard on a couple of upcoming projects, but took a break to finish up something I started last weekend.

Supplies
Stamps: Deep Red, Clear Dollar, Stampington, Artist Outpost, Sheena Douglass/Crafters Companion, Jenni Bowlin
Stamping Inks: Memento, Ranger Archival, Brilliance
Colorants: Faber-Castell Artist Big Brush India Ink markers, Zig Clean Color Brush and Spectrum Noir WC markers, Distress Inks, Liquid Glitter Markers, Glitter Gel Pens
Sentiment: created and printed with PSE on computer



Close-ups

There's a lot of stamping and masking on this 4x6 art piece, but fortunately I already had the masks cut, so that part went fast. The coloring was done in spare moments throughout the week. This will go in my new 4x6 Art Album Journal.

I suppose this is my statement on our obsession with looking young. When I was growing up, older people aged gracefully. My Boomer generation is a mixed bag when it comes to combatting the aged look, but most that I know use anti-aging cosmetics, exercise and eat healthy. More than a few of my girlfriends stopped dying their hair once they retired / turned 65. And most look just as good if not better. I never dyed mine and am now thankful I avoided all those chemicals. The younger generations embrace Botox, fillers and even surgery, but many are beginning to regret it. I know it's human nature to want to always look young, but I wish we could all be accepting of and be happy with our bodies at all ages and I wish society and culture would help us do that once again. 

We are supposed to get a real live cool front for this weekend! It has rained some every day this week as the front has moved down from the north and reacted with onshore Gulf winds. Today the northern push will win out and we'll get a little taste of Fall. We usually don't have consistent Fall weather until late November, but any taste is appreciated, especially after this Summer.
Here's hoping your weather is nice as well.
Thanks for coming by.
XXO

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Media listed above
Stamped/masked/ink blended it
Stamped/masked/ink blended it
 
Paper Dragonfly Creative #22 AG

21 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, what a fun art piece! Love those dramatic stars - they go great with your steampunk characters! Very playful colors! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderfrul art, and great that you are feeling better! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Rain said...

Hi Aimeslee! ☺ Oh to be young again...part of me would say NOT...but I wouldn't mind having the body of my 25 year old self lol!

Alyson Mayo said...

Your statements re aging are very true - if only the world could accept everyone as they are! Very cute card - love the colours!

Johanna said...

Those steampunk images are a delight and your background is wonderful behind them. Thanks for joining us at MMM.

My name is Erika. said...

Do I want to be young again? No. But as for my hair-well it's splotchy, patches of grey, patches of blonde. As my hairdresser says, it's mousy. Funny how hair is though. My grandmother never went grey, my mom, her daughter, was fully grey by 40. What I would like is for my hair to go white. Blonde white especially. But then we can't choose unless we color, right? But I like your page. It's a cool set of images. Boy you did a lot of coloring, but you did a lovely job. And those steampunk ladies are great. and Fantasties of youth? that would make a great perfume name. I hope you don't get too much rain. But I bet you will be glad to get rid of the heat. Rain is due here tomorrow. And then we're getting real fall weather. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

Sandra Wright. said...

Super postcard Aimeslee, I recognised the label on the bottle.
Thank you for joining us at Sunday Postcard Art x

Lisa said...

This is a very lovely steampunk image. Super colors you too.

Neet said...

Glad you are feeling better Aimeslee
Yes, I know lots who are obsessed with Botox and things like that, I have always been afraid of using these things - what happens when they wear off?
Loving your page.s. Funnily enough I used that figure on the right in one of my LO's but it still has to come. Didn't do masking like you, well done for that, it was just too tricky for me.
Love your other lady too and the colouring is beautiful.
Thanks so much for joining in with my theme at AJJ.
Hugs, neet xx

meg said...

Beautiful steampunk stamping on a gorgeous array of colours and a fantastic textured background,thank you for joining in at MMM

ScrappyHorses said...

What a wonderful piece with all the steampunk elements and theme! As for the theme of Fountain of Youth, looks are really not my thing...but having a younger, more fit body without the aches and pains would work for me! ;) Anyway, love the clocks, gears, and feathers; so fun! So happy you shared with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

Marlene Atkinson said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at WWCACC. Marlene

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The weather/climate has turned my body into painful chaos. I'm sure YOU understand. Just wanted you to know I stopped by and admired your entry. So grateful you shared it with us at AJJ, too. Love the hat.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A fabulous and clever card Aimes, so beautifully put together with all the elements and those lovely ladies. Good to hear your health is improving. As for all the improving elements like Botox, I'd be scared to death, especially seeing some Hollywood ladies, who should have aged gracefully and now look awful. I used to die my hair when I was much younger, now I enjoy my silver highlights, that I have been asked if I had the hairdresser do, I'm so happy to say, it's all natural. As for the body, well I'll skip over that :)
We've had an unusually high temperatures 68f for October, so lovely to have sun and moderate temperatures that make me happy. All washing out on the line and dried so well. That makes me happy too.
Keep improving. Hugs
Faith x

Lori Turner said...

The oh-so-coveted fountain of youth! LOL...great card - so fun! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week xoxxo

Jana Forrest said...

Love the theme of this card. I don't think I would want a fountain of youth. That is unless I would just change the body and keep the mind. Oh well, cloning is not for off. Thanks for sharing over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, Jana DT

Pat K said...

A beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

pearshapedcrafting said...

I started to go grey in my 30's (so did my Dad and one of my sons) so worrying about aging never really bothered me, although I wish I could walk farther without feeling tired. I love this page for Neet's AJJ theme and I must say it made me smile! Glad to know you are feeling better. Hope you get the weather you are hoping for. We have some sun today so we're off to one of our favourite gardens. Hugs, Chrisx

Andree said...

A super art project. The lovely soft background creates a perfect balance for the wonderfully coloured and dramatic foreground.
Thank you for joining in with our October challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Billie A said...

Great look and images. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments, Make my Monday, Happy little stamper

crafty said...

A colourful image. Thank you for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments.
Mary