Saturday, September 30, 2023

Frosty Seasons Tweetings!

 Hey There!
I've got a 4x6 piece of art today inspired by Frosty The Snowman, a Little Golden Book I had read to me and then I read over and over as a child. The song, recorded by Gene Autry, was also quite popular as well. When my younger brother was 4, the Frosty the Snowman TV special first appeared immediately following A Charlie Brown Christmas on CBS, and the two became a Christmas viewing tradition for many years. As my brother's default babysitter because I was almost 10 years older, I watched it with him until he thought it too babyish. I can still remember going to our local Christmas parade downtown and then later on watching these shows -- kind of like our two official starts to the holiday season.

 

  
Here are the dies I used on this piece, the hat and cardinals are Impression Obsession, Art Impressions cat and Spellbinders Mega Curved Rectangles, the largest of which is exactly 4x6! I also used Lawn Fawn's Sentiment stamp which I use almost every time I use Christmas birds, stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with white powder. The Lost Coast Designs snowman was stamped with Warm Breeze VF Clair ink, fussy cut and colored with Promarkers and glitter gel pens.

I took an angled shot to show the glitter gel-penning on the scarf, buttons, eyes and nose. I used an orange gel pen on his nose because it's a carrot. but here the camera is picking up only the glitter. I made his eyes black and gave him a pipe as well. I sponged the Warm Breeze VF Clair ink on the 4x6 base and then used some really old starchy diamond fabric for the top background layer, adhering it to piece of white card I'd run through my Xyron, then die cut it using the next smaller Spellbinders die. After arranging and gluing Frosty down, I added the cat, sentiment, hat, pipe and cardinals.

Last look. I'll probably display this at Christmas in my art corner and enjoy my childhood memories!

Thanks for visiting and have a great day, XOX.

CHALLENGE LINK-UPS:
Media: Paper/Fabric/Inks/Embossing powder/Glitter gel pens/Alcohol markers

20 comments:

Sandra Wright. said...

A super postcard,love the fabric. Quite scary when you think how close Christmas really is.
Hope you are keeping well Aimeslee.x

Empire of the Cat said...

Cute little piece today, love what you did with the dies, though I do not want to think about snow just yet (or at all really lol). Thanks also for sharing your childhood memories that inspired your art today. Thanks for joining me for the Books, Cats & Tea September theme at Art Journal Journey this month. Happy Journalling! Elle xx

My name is Erika. said...

I remember watching those shows as a child. They were important parts of my brother's and my Christmas tradition. It's fun to see your take on Frosty with the kitty too. :) What a fun way to AJJ and with the holidays too. I hope you're having a nice weekend. And thanks for sharing this with us at AJJ. I hope October starts off great for you too. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love a good play on words, so this had me laughing at the tweeting. I love the background, the snowman, and of course the adorable little cat that played on your childhood memories. Thanks for this adorable entry using Elle's theme at AJJ, dear Aimeslee.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your little card, and now I will be singing Frosty the snowman all day! Have a great October, hugs, Valerie
Hope this month brings you better health!

Andree said...

A fabulous little art card and a cute snowman. Great choice to add texture with the wonderful fabric background.
Thank you for joining in with our September challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

Unique Art Expressions said...

Adorable Art to display with your Christmas decor. Love the Snowman and the birds.
Thank you for your entry at Unique Art Expressions.
Hugs Rachelle
https://uniqueartexpressions.blogspot.com
https://rachellescreations.blogspot.com

Donna Walls said...

Sweet Snowman and even sweeter memories! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge!
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

Melanie Hungerford said...

I just love each and every snowman I see, this one is no exception! That is a cute little cat in the corner too! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge.

Riet Harikini said...

Lovely snowman card, great idea with the birds. Thanks for playing with Lost Coast Designs birds challenge

craftytrog said...

A super jolly snowman, and some lovely Christmas memories!
Hugs,
Alison

Ellibelle said...

A beautiful creation so perfect for winter! Love the snowman!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

lauren bergold said...

What a vibrant and wonderful card, a great tribute to Frosty! So pleased you could join our Stories of Christmas fun at Jingle Belles!

Larelyn said...

This is a great work of art and how wonderful are the memories it carries!
Thanks for joining our Cut it Up "Inspired by a Book/Song" challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card!! Love the cute snowman!!
Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda

Anonymous said...

My sister and I are 13 years apart, so I totally get the TV watching thing … so very glad you shared your Christmas Story with us at Jingle Belles.

Het hobbyhoekje van Annie said...

Such a beautiful card with the nice snowman.
Thank you for showing it on Unique Art Expressions.
Love to see you join in each month.
Annie DT

Mummylade said...

What a wonderful snowman! Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge

Alyson Mayo said...

Frosty and Charlie Brown were a tradition in my childhood home as well! Super cute snowman with all the birds :)

Lisa said...

This is a really great snowman and wonderful colors you used for the card too.