Sunday, July 16, 2023

Birthday Adventure

 Happy Sunday, hope all is well with you.
We actually had an early pre-dawn and morning today that didn't feel oppressively hot.
They're beginning to write about it here locally now. Our nights have not been cooling off as they usually do, so that adds to the heat and to the lethargy, illnesses and depression. The heat dome traps heat and humidity, but repels wind. Our breezes are what save us down here. I was so happy to hear our big windchimes making some little tiny bit of noise yesterday evening, so some breeze got through (or rather, got in underneath). It made all the difference, at least for a few short hours. We are on power grid conservation alert for later today and tomorrow. 
I recently watched the 1985 movie Out of Africa again and it influenced the images I chose for this birthday card for a female friend of ours who has traveled there. 
 
I used this sketch as inspiration for my A7 layout design.
SUPPLIES:
Crafty Individuals stamped and clear heat-embossed sentiment (Blue Bell Versafine Clair ink)
Gecko Galz collage sheet images, printed on HP Satin Photo Paper
Memory Box Butterfly dies
Martha Stewart Butterflies punch
Fiskars and Marvy corner punches
SU blue A7 card base
Anna Griffin and Enogreetings designer papers
Ink-edging with Promarkers
Inside the card, stamped sentiments. Top is Stamplorations, bottom one is ???
I'm beginning to forget who made all the old sentiments I have and my documentation has some holes in it. So, I'll only mention the ones I know when I can from now on.
A view of the back of the card with the front.
Enjoying using the Spellbinders siggie die I "mislocated" and recently found again.
Scraps from the front with more of the Enogreetings papers.
Here are the punches and the butterfly dies I used.
One last look.
👀
Thanks for the visit, stay cool and hydrated!
XXO

CHALLENGE LINKS:
I was inspired by the movie Out of Africa having watched it again recently.
I used GG images from the Safari Fever and Clouded Fantasies collage sheets
  
Walt Disney World Resort Animal Kingdom Wild Africa Trek
Used the pinks / browns / blues, animals and outdoors from the board
Used butterfly dies

31 comments:

J. S. Vila said...

Beautiful photographs of this joyfull card, made with LOVE. To do this work is joyable. Thanks for post the photograph and give ideas for us for have better our own work.

Have a nice summer. Full of Joy and LOVE.

Valerie-Jael said...

I love your beautiful card, and the film, 'out of Africa' was wonderful, too. Our TV broadcasted about the awful heat in some parts of the States, and you really have enough there in Texas. Here it cooled off a bit today, and the week to come should be less warm and perhaps with some rain. Stay safe, have a great day, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

We've had heavy rains today (around 5-5.5 inches) and there was some local flooding, but my home was high and dry so I am grateful for that. That is a cool card. There's some really interesting things to look at on it; it is definitely an artful adventure. I hope your weather cools off soon. hugs-Erika

Alyson Mayo said...

Your card depicts the movie so well - so many elements!

brenda said...

A colourful collage effect card, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

craftytrog said...

I really love this card Aimeslee! It's absolutely gorgeous, and very reminiscent of that wonderful film.
Hoping and praying that the heat subsides for you very soon. I'm thankful that we are getting rain and wind here.
Take care.
Alison x

Bethie said...

This is such a beautiful and unique card for your friend. Very thoughtful to add the giraffes.

I'm so sorry to hear about the heat. How awful. Let those chimes ring loud.

Birgit said...

This is lovely, and just perfect for the Double D Challenge. I'm so glad you linked up to our challenge. Best of luck to you!

Makira said...

Aimeslee, I must say I'm absolutely enamored with the color palette you've chosen for this card. The colors work harmoniously together, creating a visually stunning and captivating composition. The attention to detail you've incorporated and the skillfully utilized variety of die cuts add a touch of elegance and beauty to the overall design. Thanks for your support of Park Hopping My Happy Place! Stay cool! xoxo Makira

Diane said...

Beautifully created card for your friend, I am sure she will treasure it!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

theras kartenblog said...

That's a beautiful project.
Thanks for joining us at Friendship Challenge. Good luck and all the best!
Ilse (thera)

María said...

Gorgeous card. I love how you've played with the papers and the images to create tbe different layers. The colour palette is very interesting. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

Liz said...

Super card with so much detail. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
Liz xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful mix of images for your friend, I'm sure she will be thrilled to receive this from you Aimes. As for your weather, we are on the wrong side of the jet stream, so are having winds from the Arctic. Each evening I'm putting my Winter fluffy leisure pyjamas on. We may get a touch of what the South of Europe is getting in a week or two? I would love a few days of their heat to feel Summer before Autumn sets in. Anyhow, I got you on Follow It today, whoopee.
Faith x

Carol said...

Hi Aimeslee
As a family, we have been lucky to have spent a three-week holiday in Kenya (in between the troubles). I think the kids were 16,14 and 10. Your 3 giraffes look perfect and reminded me of our time out in one of the game parks.
I do hope it doesn't get any hotter for you. It isn't too bad here at the moment. Fingers and toes crossed.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Jocelyn said...

So pretty with all the details. A great film too. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Pamela said...

This is really pretty-I love the blue of the butterflies and background.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Bonnie Lynn said...

Fabulous birthday card Aimeslee! I love how you've arranged all of your elements and the theme is fitting given the heat you've been experiencing. I wish we would get some of those cool breezes, however, mother nature has different ideas. Stay hydrated and as cool as possible my friend.

Anita said...

That's a lovely interpretation of the movie, Aimeslee!
And I'm so glad you have breezes--they definitely help dissipate some of the heat! Stay cool.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your color bday card - so fab with the blue butterflies! Thanks for sharing again at Die Cut Divas!!

Bastelmichaela said...

A beautiful card, thanks for participating in the Friendship Challenge,
Hugs Michaela

Mervi said...

Fabulous card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Lisa said...

I really love the vintage feel to this card. Super use of that sketch and gorgeous selection of papers and colors.

Margarets designer cards said...

Super colourful and I love the butterflies and giraffes
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Arlene said...

WOW. So creative and a brilliant card for your friend. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for the Birthday challenge.

Pia S said...

It's an eyecathing design, and I love that you chose blue for the card base and die cut details, it stands in nice contrast to the brownish hues.
Thanks for sharing with us over at Try it on Tuesday and INKspirational.

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a fabulous card for your friend. You have used such beautiful images and colours. Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, hugs, Chrisx

Carole J said...

A glorious celebratory card with the African Safari theme, Amy. I love the sentiment and the blue butterfly embellishments. Beautiful work, as always :)
Thank you for joining the Gecko Galz challenges.

foleysfriend said...

What an amazing personalized card. What incredible elements you've included on this card. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

sue n.

Chana Malkah said...

Great composition and a lovely take on the sketch! Thanks for sharing your work with us at A Place to Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Kati said...

What an amazing card and love how you personalized it to match the recipients connection to Africa! :)
Thanks a lot for joining the AAA Birthday Challenge - hope you will join again soon!