Thursday, June 29, 2023

Book Lover Birthday

 Hey there, hope you are gearing up to have a nice weekend.
I needed a birthday card for an avid reader, so this Beccy's Place pre-colored digital stamp set was perfect for my needs.
I decided to do the whole card front digitally and then print out on HP Satin Photo Paper. 
 
I had chosen this sketch for my layout design and was originally only going to use the vertical stack of books with a patterned paper background, but when I noticed that the vertical row of books in the stamp set was a lot like the vertical stripes of the sketch, I just could not help myself. I gave it a green-framed dark purple background, created a framed rectangle and added the sentiment and book stack to it, then layered that onto the background. Then I printed the whole page out. I matched the colors for the background and rectangle from the pre-coloured stamps.
Did basically the same thing in PSE for the sentiments, but combined them with the DCWV Floral Stack patterned paper I was going to use on the front.
And the back...
One last look.
👀
I love working my brain muscle in PSE, even though what I do barely passes for rudimentary. And I am able to do what I did thanks to .png format stamps/images. I wish I had the skill to make a .png out of a .jpg image. I've tried internet examples without success. Hopefully one day I'll latch onto someone's tutorial that works for me. 
If you know of one, please share!
Thanks for the visit and have a great evening.
XXO

LINK-UPS:
I've used her Book Lover's Set digital stamps
Summer past time is Reading

11 comments:

Linby said...

This is wonderful and perfect for any book lover. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

To make a .png out of a .jpg image you need an app like adobe, it's not a skill. A jpeg if you tried to make it transparent will just have a white background.

Beccy said...

What a clever take on the sketch Aimeslee... you nailed it! I LOVE the way you used the image for the vertical elements. I also love the mix of colours, particularly that gorgeous background. You must have a great printer to get such vibrant results. Awesome!
Cheers,
Beccy

Carol said...

A great card. I use an online png maker (or whatever you call it), and it does the trick for the simple things for which I need it.
https://www.adobe.com/express/feature/image/convert/jpg-to-png/transparent-png

You have probably seen this one but you never know.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous card. I have earrings with books on them! Hugs, Valerie

Bonnie Lynn said...

Fabulous card! I might need to borrow the idea for my daughter's birthday in November since she's an avid reader. I'm fortunate that both of my children love reading.

craftytrog said...

A wonderful card for a book lover Aimeslee, and my favourite colours, perfect for me in fact 😂
Hugs,
Alison

Lisa said...

Love, love, love your out of the box thinking on the sketch. Great image and incredible coloring.

Pamela said...

A perfect card for a book lover.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Jocelyn said...

I love the colours you have used on this one. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Wonderful card for a book lover, I love the image
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Alyson Mayo said...

What a great birthday card for an avid reader - the colours are terrific :)