Friday, May 26, 2023

Le Jardin Journal Page

 Hi Ho, Happy FriYay. Hope your week went well.
I was supposed to post this yesterday, but before I could I got to feeling so bad I had to just take my medication and get into the bed and stay there. I think it's a bad fibromyalgia flare. I'm feeling somewhat better now, thank goodness, but I'm still taking it easier than usual until I'm completely over it.
So, this is another art journal page for the Art Journal Journey Flowers Challenge I'm hosting this month. (If you art journal, you are invited to link up through May 31.) I used several die cuts on this page, many in my bits and bobs box, and a few freshly cut. The MFT clouds, Altenew vines surrounding the birdhouse, the daisies, dragonfly and butterfly were in my box and ones I'd stamped and colored previously. The QK tall vine was cut for this page. The Stampers Anonymous TH bird was stamped, colored and fussy cut (I don't have the dies), and I printed/fussy cut one of the Beccy's Place birdhouse digis from her freebie Birdie Apartments and made a post to match it. The Le Jardin tag is a Fancy Pants scrapbooking embellie.
A close-up showing the heat-embossed dragonfly and butterfly. I used Ranger Fern Green powder on the dragonfly after stamping with Versamark, and I used Ranger Marigold powder on the butterfly. 
The Dragonfly is colored with a Sakura Metallic Glitter pen. The butterfly is colored with a Nuvo watercolor brush marker. The bird is stamped with Memento ink and colored with Promarkers, as is the tall vine. The daisies were colored with Posca Paint Pens. I'm not sure what I stamped the Altenew die cut stamps with, maybe Versamagic chalk ink. 
The page was created on the left side of the spread you saw last week and is in my 2009-2012 journal. The base of the spread has micropore tape strips adhered and then acrylic paint on top of that. For many years we had a birdhouse in the backyard nailed to our wood privacy fence. It was next to a hummingbird bush and feeder and always had inhabitants. It was in a great place for us to sit, listen and watch the birds gather there morning and evening. Ike's hurricane winds in 2008 ripped the birdhouse off the fence and two weeks later we found it in the bottom of the pool. We should have trashed it then, but it was handcrafted by a former neighbor of ours, so Honey dried it out for about a month and then nailed it back up there. Hurricane Harvey in 2017 finally did it in, pretty much disintegrating it. Anyway, this is my page to remember all those pleasant late afternoons watching the birdhouse social scene. 

That's it for me. Thanks for visiting and Happy Weekend!
XXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST
The bird, birdhouse vines, daisies on tall vine, butterfly and dragonfly are all hand stamped.
The birdhouse is a digi stamp.
I have all three!

30 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

That is a fun garden scene. I want to know what the dragonfly and the bird are thinking when they come face to face. And I love the bright colors. Hope the flare is over and you're feeling better. Have a great start to your weekend. hugs-Erika

Anonymous said...

Fabulous layout my friend! I love Tim's birds. Can you believe I don't feel worthy of doing the birds justice and only used them twice in 11 years? LOL.

You have talent and all your layouts intrigue me.

Bethie said...

That message was from me!

Donna Walls said...

I hope you feel better today Aimes! This is a fun journal page, those crazy birds get me every time. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge!
Donna xx
Inspiration Station Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

Rika said...

very nice pages!

*Vicki* said...

What a fabulous garden scene with the bird and flowers! This one really makes me smile!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How colourful and fun pages! It is so cheerful and cute!
So sorry for your birdhouse and also more for the poor birds :( Hurricanes are really a tragedy also for animals.
Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous page Aimeslee. I love the cute birdie.
Hope you're having a good weekend,
Alison

Becca S said...

This is another fabulous art journal page and so unusual with a file folder base and the medical tape painted background! All of the garden/backyard elements are terrific and with so many different sourced products you've achieved a great scene! We love birdhouses at FQGS! I can't relate to your hurricane experience but we had a house fire back in August 2017. We lost lots of family treasures in our kitchen. (back porch, laundry room/mud room space, and kitchen) Sometimes prepping meals makes me sad because of missing those antique and/or collector kind of platters, bowls, and tea pots. Probably like you stepping into your backyard and missing that special birdhouse. Take care. And thanks for participating again at FQGS!!! --Becca

kiwimeskreations said...

What a delightful and whimsical page Aimeslee - it's a really creative piece of work. Thanks also for noting the images that were stamped.
We appreciate you sharing this with us at We Love Stamping, especially as you used the theme
Blessings
Maxine WLS DT

Jackie C said...

Fab journal page!
Very happy to see this in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
Please come back again!
The best of luck with your entry.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This is a wonderful sweet flower page, I wish you a nice Sunday Hugs, Elke

Diane said...

Fabulously fun journal page, looks like the cute bird is really taking in what the dragonfly might be saying to him!! Love this page, so darn fun AND cute!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood and Triple B!
Diane TSH DT and TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{The Sisterhood}
{Triple B}
{Stencil Fun}

Bonnie Lynn said...

Another awesome journal page! I love Beccy's images. Thank you for inspiring me today.

Michelle Peckham said...

Pretty! Thanks for playing along in the Stay Crafty Challenge with A Blog Named Hero.

Kailash said...

So fun. Thanks so much for playing in the Stay Crafty With A Blog Named Hero challenge!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Another amazing page, looks like you have had a wonderful time as Guest Host @ AJJ, so sorry I have missed it this month. Such a fun page, those TH birds always make me smile. Happy crafting Hugs Tracey x
P.S Thank you for sharing @ Creative Artiste and joining our May Challenge.

Darlene said...

You are SO creative! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our newest adventure - Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
Triple B
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Ellibelle said...

This turned out so beautifully and loving all the fun colors! The birdhouse you had sounds lovely and in a great spot for bird watching. So sorry the hurricane(s) ruined it!
Thanks so much for sharing at I spy with my little eye!

Beccy said...

I hope you're feeling a lot better now Aimeslee, and the flare up has subsided. I know other people who suffer with fibromyalgia and it's often debilitating. Take care.
Thanks for sharing your fabulous journal pages, they're fabulous and colourful! I love that you've created pages that remind you of wonderful times in your back garden. It was interesting to read about the techniques and items you used to complete the pages too... lots of work!
Cheers,
Beccy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a charming page you created. Aren't those Sakura glitter gel pens fun? This is just adorable and I love the various die cuts and embossing you did. Thank you beyond belief for sharing this with us using your theme at AJJ.

Gerda said...

What a fabulous journal page!! Love the cute bird and the pretty flowers!!
Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda

Cazro said...

An outstanding journal page, with lots going on. Full of design and wonder. Thanks for sharing at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

Helen said...

Great journal page. I just love the way that bird is looking at the dragonfly!

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Em Louise Fairley said...

Aimeslee, this is adorable. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

Hugs, Em
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog

jimlynn said...

Your art journal page is sensational! I love the little garden scene for it. So much fun, cute, and creative!
Lynn

Rachel said...

Oh, this is really cute! Love that bird! :) Hope you are feeling better! Thanks for joining us at the Mix It Up Challenge Blog, and the Paper Funday Challenge! Rachel DT

Let's Art Journal said...

I hope you are feeling much better! Loving your journal page with all the flowers and the quirky bird - perfect 😊. Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Take care! Hugs, Jo x

dorsetdawndesigns said...

Love the bird and design. Thanks for joining our challenge at Sparkles Monthly Dawn S DT x

Catie Cuddles said...

Great page x
Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers anything goes with dies challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

PS sorry I am a little late in visiting - it was a busy few months and I’m now on catch up for blog visiting x but better late than never 😀