Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Jingle All the Way

 Hey there, hope all is well with you and yours.
Ok, so the challenge I'm hosting at Art Journal Journey (which ends on the 31st and I'd love it if you'd join us!) has the theme of Flowers, and it can be anything that blooms, so today I'm sharing some poinsettias paired with jingle bells. I need a few more Christmas-themed displays for the holidays. I may or may not have used either the Catherine Pooler poinsettia stamp and dies or the Stamplorations jingle bells and sentiment stamps, so I thought, time to use them. This was made in one of my two 7x7-inch Stonehenge journals that are displayed on my front foyer table. I need to make a Christmas page in the other journal and just hope I can remember not to make that one in this journal, lol.
My one process shot shows how I made the stippled background with Shabby Shutters and Evergreen Bough Distress Inks. Then I stamped the 5 jingle bells tied with a bow at each corner with Nocturne Versafine Clair ink. I stamped 5 of the flowers with Tulip Red and Rain Forest Versafine Clair, and stamped 5 large berries and 5 small berries with Rhubarb Stalk Memento ink. Then I die cut them all. At this point I was like, those flowers look washed out. What to do?
I know, I'll color some of the petal stripes a bit darker! So I picked out a Nuvo watercolor brush marker (called Flamingo Pink, but it's the red in the set) and did just that. And wow, what a difference! I also colored the bows with it. I colored the bells with a Golden Glow Spectrum Noir glitter marker, as well as the flower centers and surrounding dots. I stamped the sentiment with the Rain Forest VF Clair and done!
Close-up shot to show the gold glitter marker I colored the bells, flower centers and random background dots with.
And one last look.
👀
I like my peppermint-striped flowers, sometimes what-ifs work out well.
And I googled it, they really have cultivated a peppermint poinsettia!
And speaking of what-ifs: Honey made another Grapefruit Pie, except this time he substituted mandarin oranges (canned) for the grapefruit, and we both liked this one even better! 
So, introducing Mandarin Orange Pie!
😋
Well, that's it for me this time.
Thanks for visiting and have a good one!
XXO

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST
The 5 poinsettias have 5 petals each, each group of jingle bells has 5 bells and the sentiment has 5 syllables. I also used gold
ABC Christmas May Challenge: J is for Jingle Bells
Flowers + Jingle Bells

26 comments:

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A very nice flower page with the stamps and other things.
Have a beautiful day, hug Elke

brenda said...

Lovely to see you at Allsorts 14th Birthday celebrations, many thanks for joining in.

B x

My name is Erika. said...

I think it's fun to see a holiday flower and themes page. Not that I'm ready for Christmas yet, but poinsettias are perfect for your challenge. And I like the striped effect of the petals. And this pie does look yummy. And so fresh for warm weather. Your hubby is quite the chef Aimeslee. And mandarin oranges are awfully sweet and yummy. I hope your week is going well. hugs-Erika

Susan said...

Lovely layering of the flowers! Great addition of the jingle bells in each corner. Thanks for joining us at Peace on Earth.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Christmas page? Well aren't you the clever one, I love the colour mix and layering, it's beautiful Aimes. Mandarin Orange Pie, Love it. We occasionally use a tin in jelly, the wobbly kind, not jam! However, I think I like the look of all the yummy cream?
Faith x

Nat said...

Fabulous journal page! Thanks for sharing at PFM in our Anniversary challenge
Natx

Darlene said...

WOW what a FABULOUS project! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
PEACE ON EARTH
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Valerie-Jael said...

I love your flower page, dear Aimeslee, and it's a great idea to make a Christmas themed page. Hope your week is going well, look after yourslef, hugs, Valerie
And of course, thanks for another lovely entry for AJJ!

Lynda said...

What a great page. Love the greens on the background and how you achieved that. The jingle bell corners -amazing - but really, really like how you coloured some of the poinsettia a darker red - that certainly did the trick. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous journal page Aimeslee,love the bells and poinsettias-the mandarin pie looks delicious!Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
Carol DT x

Alyson Mayo said...

This is very pretty and I love the symmetry as well. Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Christmas :)

Anita van Deur said...

This is really amazing! Beautiful and a great stamp and die cut. The mandarin pie looks delicious

Thank you so much for joining the Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge! Anita DT

Michelle Lupton said...

Love your Christmassy art journal page! Thanks for staying crafty with A Blog Named Hero!

Intruderlady said...

Beautiful journal page. Thanks for joining our 14th anniversary challenge over at PFM. Good luck with your entry.
Kitty - PFM DT

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous festive page, thank you for joining us at the Passion For Markers Challenge.
Lorraine

*Vicki* said...

Such a gorgeous festive page with the pretty poinsettias!! I love the design layout you've done with them as well! Thanks for sharing!

Debbie Mageed said...

Such a pretty holiday journal page! Great coloring and like the background that showcases the poinsettias. Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Wendy said...

I love those peppermint poinsettias! And that pie looks delicious, however I must admit I’ve never eaten a grapefruit or orange pie. I might have to try it. Thank you for sharing and playing along with ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

Treva said...

Wow, I love how you created your journal cover; lots of great details and inspiration. But even more the mandarin orange pie looks delicious!

Thank you for joining us at Cut it Up for our Send Me Flowers challenge!

Treva
https://scrappint.blogspot.com/

The Crafty Den said...

What a lovely journal page Aimeslee. The flowers are beautiful and your colouring is perfect. The colours are so vibrant and it will look perfect on display. Thanks for joining in our special anniversary challenge over at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

The Crafty Den said...

What a beautiful journal page Aimeslee. The flowers are beautiful and your colouring is perfect. The colours are very vibrant and it will look amazing on display. Thanks for joining in our special anniversary challenge over at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful creation!!! And that pie looks yummy!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Julie said...

Super pretty floral make - such beautiful tones! Thanks for joining in our Mega Anniversary challenge at Passion for Markers, good luck! Juliexx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have no idea how I got so far behind visiting. Today is catch up day.

I love the poinsettias. Your use of gold in the centers really popped in the close up. Your fussy cuts made thus even more spectacular. And the layering was awesome. I actually started a Christmas page which had holly, but never finished it. So glad you made one that actually works. This is a stunning entry for your theme at Art Journal Journey.

foleysfriend said...

Beautiful art journal page. Great job of continuing to work on your page until it was something you liked. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Christmas Challenge.

sue n.

Mummylade said...

Love the poinsettas - and the picture of the cake ;). Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge