Sunday, April 9, 2023

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter Sunday and Happy Day to all!
As I write this, the sunshine we were promised is playing hide and seek, but the rain has stopped. We did have some sun yesterday and it felt so nice. 
Today I have another Easter card to share with you, but first I wanted to share a quick tag I made this morning to play in Tag Tuesday's Spring Colours: Yellow/Green challenge. And I have a few household photos to share.

First, my tag. It was my warm-up art as I drank my coffee and started my day.

 
The photo at left shows the scrap found in my bits and bobs box that I began with, a Clear Dollar Stamps cross stamped and heat-embossed on a Spellbinders Labels 5 die cut that I've cut off on one edge too long ago to remember why. I snapped the next pic after I'd stenciled on some Fossilized Amber DOX ink using Tim Holtz's Rays Layering Stencil. 

I then rummaged through my Victorian scrap and found the green foiled bird and the little white flowers and foliage. I also colored the green leaves and gold outline on the cross using my Sakura Stardust glitter pens. Then I was like, that looks good, and called it done.
 
Here it is hanging on my tag carrousel.
In addition to the tag challenge, I'd like to enter this tag in these challenges:

Here are the 3 tags I've made most recently.

And here's my little art corner with the tag carrousel center stage. Some of you have commented that you wanted to see the tag carrousel, so here it is. Nothing fancy, just a TH carrousel with tags on it, lol. It's in a dark corner of a wood-paneled room and really hard to photograph because of that and the little fairy lights I keep on (that are clear but look green because of the green tablecloth). But you get the idea. There is available space for me to make a few more Spring tags to hang before I change it out to Summer. Just one of a few corners of my house I decorate with my art and art I've been gifted.

Now, onto the Easter card. This was sent to my cousin and her hubby in Michigan. She's the cousin I am closest to and we spent many fun times together as children visiting our grandparents. One tradition we had was that our families would get together for Easter, even if it was early. We all lived in other states but somehow back then everyone had Spring Break at the same time (close to or including Easter as we recall). So, we'd drive to Arkansas to Meemaw and Grandy's house and have Easter dinner and an egg hunt. With 10 grandkids it was a big fun hunt. We girls would pass the time together  playing cards, jacks, jump rope and blow bubbles. We also played with whirligig windmill toys we made with construction paper and straws. (These were all easily brought on a long car trip). And of course, there was always getting dressed up on Easter morning and attending services with Meemaw at her beloved Methodist church where she could show us all off.

So, I added those yellow windmill flowers from my stash and part of a Sizzix egg border to reference those memories. I chose the Vintage Image Craft collage sheet image as it was in my box printed out long ago (likely 2015 or so) because the little bird couple is dressed in their Sunday best with some eggs for their hunt at church. And I chose this old Making Memories sticker phrase from my box for the sentiment. The card base is Kraft, the designer paper is K&Co. and the image is matted with another Spellbinders die cut off at the top. I colored the eggs with Promarkers and Stardust glitter pens. I rummaged further in my bits and bobs box and found some tiny white die cut Rubbernecker stars to add to the yellow flowers. I also found some tiny butterflies (also Rubbernecker die cuts).

 
I used this Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design.

 
The inside and back.

And final view of this card. The list of challenge I'm entering this in is at the end of the post.
πŸ‘€
My cousin called me when she received it and loved every memory-triggering detail, almost as much as I enjoyed "hiding the eggs" of those memories on the card. 
😊

Finally, I want to show you some different birds. We have Carolina wren families at both our front and back doors in hanging plants and we were able to get a photo of one of the nests. It's been fascinating watching the way both the mom and dad constantly forage the woods behind us for these kiddo's food with their morning and evening multiple deliveries. And hearing the chorus of peeps get louder and louder as they grow. 
πŸ’Ÿ
I appreciate you hanging in there for this longer than usual post.
Have a lovely rest of your weekend and thanks for visiting!
XOX

MY CARD CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

23 comments:

brenda said...

I very stylish Easter Cross card Aimeslee, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations April challenge.

Your birdie are well ahead of ours who are still in the nest building phase.

B x

My name is Erika. said...

Nice Easter art Aimeslee. I like your tag and that pretty shine it has. I think the sun in the background was a great idea as it's so symbolic (as I'm sure you know). And the card for your cousin is great. Those chicks made me smile. I never had a lot of girl cousins to hang out with at get togethers. Only 1 who was my age and the other 2 were older and already married. And on the other side I was the only girl. It must have been a fun time, because even hanging out with all the many boy cousins was always fun. I hope you had a great Easter and wonderful new week. I bet those little wren chicks will be much bigger by the time this week is over. hugs-Erika

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I love your tags. You work so well in small spaces. Love the sun rays on them. It makes for a beautiful background for your decorative accents.

Linby said...

What a wonderful Easter card design. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.
Great picture of the birds too.

Ellibelle said...

A beautiful Easter tag and what a fun card for your cousin who you share such great Easter memories with! It is amazing that you all had Easter breaks at the same time! Nowadays even the schools just a town away have their breaks at different times.
Thank you so much for joining us at Four Seasons challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Melanie Hungerford said...

Beautiful Easter tag, love the shape and how the sun rays make such a great background. Thank you for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks!

Donna Ellis said...

Loving your Easter tag made with ingenuity and leftovers, Aimes! And a great card, too. Thank you for sharing about your memories with your cousin. After hunting for eggs on Easter morning, my brother and sister and I took turns "re-hiding" the eggs for the other two several times LOL. It was fun. Thanks for sharing the Carolina wrens. It's been fun sharing the info with you from start until now - and the photo is even sweeter than your words LOL Is that a type of lily they have hijacked? It resembles an amaryllis leaf? I have given up on them, even trying to trick Mother Nature by storing the bulbs in the frig. Wishing you a great week, Aimeslee! xx

Alyson Mayo said...

These are both lovely but that first card - love it! Love the sunburst and the cross in the centre. Gorgeous :)

craftytrog said...

A beautiful card and tag Aimeslee. I love the way you display your tags.
Hope you had a lovely Easter.
Alison x

WendyK said...

Some lovely Easter art, great colours. Thank you for sharing with us on Tag Tuesday.

Gillena Cox said...

Lovely tags Aimslee.

muchπŸ’–love

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Well, this has been a very interesting post Aimes, I can see why the memories mean a lot to you. As for the birds? AW" how lovely to have them so close to the house. A lovely card, and again I can see why your cousin loved having all those memories brought to life. I hope Arfur left you alone for Easter? We have had it wet, chilly and with gale force winds, with more to come in the next day or two, so it will be an inside week methinks. Anyhow, thanks for all your lovely comments, while I have been awol. Sorry I've not been around, I hope to be more regular now.
Faith x

Tone K. said...

Beautiful card! :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Beautiful Easter card to showcase the cross. Loving all of the details on the tag. Thanks for joining us at avenue613-blog.com. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni Cuttino, 613 Avenue Create , DT Coordinator
613 Avenue Create ,Challenge Blog
chasingthedream, My Blog

Sandra Wright. said...

A lovely Tag Aimeslee.
That Fossilised Amber in has certainly made the whole tag "pop"
Thank you for joining us at Tag Tuesday x

Darlene said...

Beautiful creations my friend and OMG look at those sweet peeps! THAT is a sure sign of spring!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Triple B ... OUR NEW CHALLENGE BLOG which is all about butterflies, birds & blooms.

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely shaped tag with your sun rays and lovely Cross for Easter! thanks for joining in the Inkspirational challenge! Julia xx

Let's Art Journal said...

I hope you had a wonderful Easter! Both of your cards are beautiful, full of Easter goodness 😊. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

pinky said...

That is a beautiful take on our challenge Aimeslee, love it. Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday this fortnight.
Pinky

Gale said...

Love your Easter card Aimeslee! Thank you for sharing with us over here at Pearly Sparkles Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
http://pearlysparkleschallenge.blogspot.com/

ahlers5 said...

Very pretty Easter card. I absolutely love the cross and flowers on the tag. A few yesra ago we have a pair of huge hawks nest in our yard. I could hear a couple of chicks, but er never got to see them. I tried to stay away. Thr parents were huge!

Karen Letchworth said...

Well, that's really pretty and very creative as well. Thanks so much for sharing this in our challenge at The Four Seasons. We appreciate you and the art you link up in our challenges.
Blessings,
karen L, DT

pinky said...

Back again!! Thanks for joining us this month at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky