Sunday, March 12, 2023

St. Paddy's Green

 Greetings this Sunday afternoon, hope everyone is well. 
It's sunny and low 70'sF here today with high 50's tonight. Just how I like it. 😊
I've been feeling poorly lately and haven't really felt like posting anything, but I have been creating.

I had to make our daughter and Irish son-in-love a card for St. Patrick's Day.

 
I used the sketch (recycled from Mojo Monday) from the current challenge at Gecko Galz Facebook group for my A7 layout design.

The base is SU card stock and the sweet wee lass image is an image from Gecko Galz Blarny collage sheet. Everything else I used was either from my green paper scraps or my St. Paddy's bits and bobs box.

You can see the glitter and sheen from this angle. A glittered shamrock and little heat-embossed stamped ones circle-punched. A strip of tiny glittered shamrocks hiding vertically under the focal image.

Inside, my computer-generated sentiment. The paper is not blue in real life!

The back.

And an overhead shot. I may have close to every shade of green on here and none of them clash. One thing about green that I love!

And one last look.
👀
Hope you sprang your clocks forward today if you live where that is done. Honey did ours and I woke up grateful for that! Here's hoping that hangover feeling of time (zone) travel goes away soon!
Thanks for visiting!
XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Used a Sizzix Shamrock die and Green makes me happy
Inspired by the color green

19 comments:

Alexandra Y said...

This is lovely! I just love that you have included so many pretty shades of green! Thank you for joining us over at the Inspiration Station Challenge!

craftytrog said...

A fabulous card Aimeslee! Your daughter and son-in-law will love it.
I hope you're soon feeling much better.
Hugs,
Alison

Donna Walls said...

Aimes, I hope you are feeling better! The weather has been lovely here too and I'm enjoying it for as long as I can. I love vintage images and this little lass is a sweet one! Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at the Inspiration Station Challenge.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge

My name is Erika. said...

She's a sweetie. And I am loving the green. I get to this time of year and that is one thing I am really needing-some outdoor green. (It helps or doesn't help green is one of my favorite colors.) This is a fun card. Thanks for sharing it with us at TIOT. And yes, (responding to your comment on my blog) I have realized that framing art is really empowering. That's the perfect word for how it feels.Hope you feel better soon. hugs-Erika

Diane said...

A fabulously fun St Patrick's card, what a cute little Irish lass, I am sure your daughter will treasure it! Lucky you with your 70s temps, it's snowing here today, all day, good day to stay in my crafty space and shut the weather out! Feel better soon!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D, The Sisterhood and Colorful Options!
Diane DD Co-Owner and TSH and CO DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Stencil Fun}

Donna Ellis said...

What a darling "irish" story, Aimes, with beautiful hues of green, and loads of sweet papers and embellies! hugs, de

Anonymous said...

Another amazing card. I'm not good at making St Paddy's Day cards. You are Uber talented Aimes. How long does it take for you to put a card together and do you do it in one seating?

Bonnie Lynn said...

Oh my gosh!! This is so much fun! Your daughter and son in law are going to love it!

Jackie C said...

Hope you feel better soon.
This is a fab card for your DD &SIL!
We are delighted you chose to share your creation with us at Cut It Up!
Please do come back again!
All the best, Jackie DT xxx

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Aimeslee! LOVE that image you used and all those shamrocks! Hope you're feeling better soon! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! ((HUGS)) Helen

Heather said...

What a beautiful card! I love your color combo, and you are right--many different shades, but they all go well together! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenge.

Tone K. said...

Beautiful card :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our COLORFUL OPTIONS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Lisa J said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Pearly Sparkles Challenge this month. Lisa DT

Larelyn said...

I love that your card is complete on all sides. St.Patrick's Day is perfect for someone who loves green. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up This Makes Me Happy challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

ahlers5 said...

This card is so pretty. I just love that image.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Aimeslee, this is such a lovely card. Sorry to be so late in thanking you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, hugs, Chrisx

Carole J said...

Such a fabulous, detailed St Patrick's Day card, Amy. As always it is beautifully designed and perfectly crafted. Thank you for joining the 'March Ode to Spring' challenge at Gecko Galz. We really appreciate your support. x

Tangii said...

If she isn't just cutest thing!!!! I love all of the glitter too, such a great card! Thanks for playing with us at AUD Sentiments Challenge, we hope to see you again!