Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Happy Birthday to me!

Hello, hope everyone is well. I'm celebrating my birthday today (it's really the 29th but it's not a Leap Year, so I celebrate on the 28th because I'm a February girl). As soon as I post this, we are eating my special birthday dinner Honey's cooked for me: fried shrimp, baked potato and green beans. Then chocolate pie for desert.
😋

The last couple of years I've tried to work in one of my art journals and this year I continued the tradition. I have one more to add to Erika's Seeing Red Challenge at Art Journal Journey. This is like a birthday present to me being able to get one more page done, lol.

I'm showing the page I started with and a printout of the sketch I followed. The page had previously been gessoed, painted with charcoal grey chalk paint and then I'd added some red paint with a round sponge finger dauber.

Then I stenciled some hearts using a Funky Fossil stencil and Worn Lipstick DOX ink. Heat-dried that and then I got the bright idea to stencil some vines using a Crafters Companion stencil and a green Posca paint marker. Things were going well until the marker burped and out came a glob of green paint. Oh well. After that dried, I laid down a strip of paper scrap horizontally and a strip of pink washi on top. The vertical washi strips after that, then the Spellbinders frame with an image from the Gecko Galz Life Altering collage sheet. And done!

From this angle you can see the metallic accents in the washi tape and the subtle sheen of the cream colored frame.

One last look.
👀

Thanks for visiting and have a great night!
XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:

8 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Happy birthday Aimeslee. You're the second person I know who has the 29th as a birthday. I hope your dinner was delicious and your chocolate pie sounds delicious. I think your journal page quote is perfect because it is good to be queen on your birthday. Smile. And I love your hearts and other fun details, including the red dots. That and the pink work perfect for Seeing Red. Thank you again for joining at AJJ with this great page. I've appreciated all the pages you've shared. I hope your birthday was a great day too. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Happy birthday. I hope it is and was great. I love your Queenly entry. It's awesome. I love the metallic washi tape and the use of your Posca pen. I just ordered my first set of Posca pens last week, and I am getting ideas for how to use them from seeing your spread. Thanks so much for sharing this gorgeous entry using Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Belated Happy Birthday- I hope you enjoyed your special meal. I love your journal page. I love to add washi tape to pages too. Thanks for joining us at both AJJ and TIOT, hugs, Chrisx

Bonnie Lynn said...

Wow! Your art journal page is fabulous! I've thought about making one and then end up not following through. Happy Belated Birthday my friend. I"m sure dinner and that chocolate pie was amazing.

Megan J said...

Hi Aimeslee, a fun and vibrant art journal page , love the stencilling behind the Queen. I had a friend in primary school who shares your birthday. Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

Lisa said...

Happy birthday! I have a friend that her birthday is also on the 29th and she actually gets 2 full days to celebrate her birthday. I love to wish her a happy birthday 2 days in a row. She said that is fine as long as she does not age 2 years for celebrating 2 birthday days. LOL. What a wonderful journal page. Very lovely image and great layout.

Mia said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Try it on Tuesday
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Mrs.B said...

A belated Happy Birthday Aimeslee, sounds like a lovely day planned.
Love this journal page and that's a beautiful image to use too.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x