Thursday, October 6, 2022

Bring on the Ahhhtumn

 Hey there, everyone. Hope today was a good one for you. I've got another Autumn-themed card to share today.
SUPPLIES USED:
Sheepski Designs digi Hot Chocolate
Promarkers and metallic/glitter/gel pens to color image
Clear Wink of Stella
Nuvo Crystal Glaze
Springhill Digital A9 card base
Basic Grey Fusion designer papers
Karen Foster designer paper
Ribbon and Fibers from my stash
White embossing powder
Versamark ink
Avery Elle and Impression Obsession stamps for sentiment
Altenew Moon layered stamp and die
Distress inks
Star punch
Deco scissors
Inside: Avery Elle and MFT stamps/die
Versafine Clair ink
Gold parchment paper
On Back: Cuttlebug Autumn Type embossing folder
   
I used a Splitcoaststampers sketch for my layout design, resizing to A9. Then I flipped it horizontally to match my paper's diagonally torn edge.
Inside card: more Basic Grey papers to mat. On the gold parchment paper I stamped the sentiments and added the MFT die cut out of white card and BG paper.
On the back: I layered the brown embossed card onto more of the Basic Grey with a leftover scrap and a stamped and punched siggie.
Some close-ups: I brushed the Wink of Stella on the Hunter's Moon and added Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the cuppa contents (coffee? cocoa?) . 
I used some stars punched out of gold glitter paper leftover from another project.
This close-up shows the deco scissor edge detail, the shimmer of the ribbon and the gel pen shimmer in the stamped alpha letters. Also, the Karen Foster paper that had that cool torn edge look in the pattern. I had been saving this one last large scrap of it and it was perfect for the sketch. And I thought fibers would make for some interest and texture, so I added some to the ribbon.
And a final look. I really enjoyed creating a rainbow look for this card. Since we rarely get anything in Autumn but brown leaves and cooler nights, it was fun living vicariously through my art.
🙌👀🙌👀🙌👀🙌
Since it's Thursday, it's time to share some food for Rain's Thursday Art & Dinner Date. This week I'm sharing a typical type of meal we eat: leftovers, in this case, leftovers all mixed together. And it was surprisingly good!
We pulled out of the fridge all our containers of leftovers from the week's meals to either eat or throw out. We had peas, taco meat (ground beef seasoned with taco seasonings), black beans, macaroni and cheese and Veg-All mixed veggies. We called it Tex-Mex Goulash. 😁
Then we microwaved taco chips topped with grated cheddar cheese and jalapeño slices to eat with our goulash. It made a tasty, filling meal for two and no food waste.
😋
Well, that's it for me. Hope your Friday treats you right and thanks for visiting. XOX

MY CHALLENGE PLAYLIST:
Drinking coffee and tea daily are favorite pastimes of mine
Ribbon and Fiber

38 comments:

craftytrog said...

I love this card Aimeslee! It's definitely hot chocolate weather here now.
Hope all's well with you.
Alison

Chris said...

A lovely image and glorious colours on your fabulous autumnal card- the torn papers look great too.
Thanks for playing along with our 'embossing' challenge at Fab'n' Funky.
Chris
x

Makira said...

Aimslee, this is perhaps the most perfect Autumnal rainbow I've seen! I love how you decorate every side of your card! I will need to start doing that. :) Thank you for your continued support of our challenge, Colorful Options! Cheers, Makira

BTW, Dinner looks delicious. Who makes your favorite nachos? Lupe Tortilla's or Pappasitios???

Pamela said...

She looks cosy and warm! I love a hot chocolate and have one most nights.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT

Diane said...

What a fabulous image and card, a great design!! Your leftovers look mighty tasty too! Thanks for joining us at Colorful Options!
Diane CO DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Colorful Options}

Judy Woodland said...

Such a fabulous design! I love all your elements and coloring! Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D, hope we see you back again soon!
Judy~ DD DT

Bonnie Lynn said...

Oh my! I love your card Aimeslee! All of the fun colors of autumn thrown together. Fabulous! Your Thursday dinner date looks good too.

My name is Erika. said...

That's a great autumn card. Something warm to drink after dinner or in the late afternoon is such a comforting thing to do when it's chilly. And those are great colors. Perfect Autumn picks. Thanks for sharing this with us at TIOT. And that looks like a yummy dinner. I like cleaning out the fridge and the challenge of what to do with the food. You made the perfect mix to go with nachos. And why waste food right now, with everything being so expensive, and even if it wasn't, why waste food? I hope you have a great start to the weekend. Hugs-Erika

brenda said...

You can almost feel the chill of the Autumn day with that image, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

cass said...

Wonderful isea for an Autumn card, great colouring. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles this month for our Autumn and/or Halloween Challenge.

Rain said...

Tex Mex Goulash - YAHOO!!! That looks awesome! I do the same Aimeslee! I just call them "mash ups" lol! ☺☺ The nacho chips look yummy! We are in Thanksgiving mode here in Canada so let the gorging begin! ☺☺ I think your lady should definitely have hot cocoa in her mug! The card is so lovely! ♥

Carol said...

Hi Aimeslee,
The Hot Chocolate looks so inviting. Seeing it made me wonder if I have any chocolate powder in the cupboard.
This a great card - as always - and thank you for sharing all your talent with us.
Hugs
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

ahlers5 said...

Love the Autumn card. So pretty. The meal is quite interesting. About once a week I pull out all the leftovers and put them on the counter and tell my husband to pick whatever he wants and heat it up. I never really thought of mixing them together. I may try that.

Darlene said...

WOW what a fabulous creation my friend ... love the AHHHTUMN sentiment ... so creative! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Just a friendly reminder that our new STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE is open and ready to see your stenciled creations. Hope you’ll come join in the fun!

Lisa :) said...

This is such a fabulous card!!!

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful and colorful card, as always so nicely finished on the inside and the back too!
We had taco meat tex mex this week too! I usually make it with chicken but had leftover taco meat. Makes a great meal!
Thanks so much for sharing this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Jackie C said...

Beautifully put together with great colours!
Very happy to see this in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
Please come back again!
The best of luck with your entry.
Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm finally around trying to do some comments Aimes. I love your card it's SO beautiful, it really has a warmth in it that is rarely seen. Love everything about it.
Faith x

coldwaters2 said...

Lovely Autumnal themed card thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping
hugs
lolo x

Mellzcraftz said...

Your card makes me feel like getting wrapped up with a cover and cup of tea. I love Autumn but right now all its seems to have done is rain. I can't wait until the leaves have mostly fallen and that nice crisp air sets in. Love the image you've used and the mixed media style background you've made in the inside of the card. I'm always too scared to decorate the inside of my card in case I end up making a boo boo at the final hurdle but you have inspired me to give it a shot. Thank you for sharing this wonderful card and for taking part in the polkadoodles digi choosday challenge. Happy Crafting! Mel x

Ines said...

Super:)Thanks for playing with us at The Creative Crafters:)Ines DT
http://inka-mojmalyswiat.blogspot.com/
https://creativecrafterschallenge.blogspot.com/

Josje said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us at colour crazy
Josje DT

Seafield Jo said...

Great colouring on your lovely card.
Thanks for sharing it with us.
Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT

Nat said...

Fabulous card, I love your embossing. Thank you for sharing at PFM
Natx

KraftyKoolKat said...

A gorgeous creation. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

The Crafty Den said...

What a fab autumn card Aimeslee. The image is gorgeous and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Fundy Blue said...

Hi, Aimeslee! I'm visiting from Rain's post. I noticed you had participated after I had visited everyone before me on the list. Your card is wonderful ~ so vibrant and definitely handmade with love. I imagine whomever you give this to will feel really special. Have a happy ahhhtumn!

Valerija said...

Wonderful card. Love the image.
Thanks for joining our challenge at Vesela hiška. Valerija DT

Fiona said...

lovely card for Autumn.

thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.

Fi
x

Lia said...

Autumn: time for hot drinks and warm clothes! Nice card!!
Lia DT S4F

Suze said...

Lovely Autumnal card Aimeslee. Nothing beats a nice warming hot chocolate on a chilly Autumn day! Lovely pictures of your resourceful dinner too. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Scribbles Designs.

Judy McKay said...

Lovely card. Beautiful colouring and design. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy

Majda said...

Love your Autumn card, so pretty. Beautiful colouring and design.
Thanks for joining our challenge at Vesela hiška.
Majda DT

Mrs.B said...

A great card Aimeslee, love the image - what's nicer than hot chocolate on a cold day.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Avril x

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous card,
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday
Avril x

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Beautiful. You did such a lovely job with this project. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Sheepski Designs and best of luck with your entry.
Annette DT for https://sheepski-designs-challenges.blogspot.com/

Mia said...

Lovely autumn card. Thank you for joining TIOT. Hope you join us again soon. Regards, Mia DT, https://craftartista.blogspot.com/

FinArt said...

You created suc a cousy feeling on this card. I love the varm colors you used. And yes it is for shure hot chocolate time. Thank you for plaing with us at Vesela hiška. Janja DT